ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Undo Bug

Undo Bug

There seems to be a major undo bug in Artrage. When i undo, pixelated patches of my painting disappears. It is really odd. And this happens often on all the tools. anyone have a solution to this. It's basically rendering Artrage useless to me and I just bought it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2011-03-06 at 10.36.36 PM.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	53444  

Sorry to hear about the problem, this is a rare issue we've heard about in a couple of cases but haven't been able to replicate yet. It sounds like you can replicate it fairly reliably if it's happening frequently, so could you give us some details as to what you are doing just before it starts? That way we should be able to check it out and find a solution.

So, let us know what OS you're using, what computer, which version of ArtRage (2 / Studio / Studio Pro), the dimensions of your painting, and exactly what you were doing before the problem began.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

happened to me twice when working with many layers - I wondered, I checked .. and I noticed a full harddrive

never happened again after cleaning up and making room for Artrage's files
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MSIE; 03-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.

The undo system does use hard drive space rather than Memory, so that could definitely relate to the problem.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

UNDO PROBLEM not related to HD.

Hi,

I reinstalled Snow Leopard on my Mac, and Artrage Studio Pro 3.0.8 installed on it. I work on a large size drawing, 10x22 @ 300dpi. When I use the palette knife and undo it, it gives me that blotchy effect. If I use the oil paint and start painting and decide to undo, i would undo a couple of times to where it should have no paint on the canvas, but there is actually paint on the canvas (seems like it's not undo'ing.)

Really frustrating and not acceptable.

Thanks for the information. Have you restarted the app at this point? If there was a problem with Undo, that problem would remain until the app was restarted so it's important to do that before continuing.

I'm not sure if you are seeing this immediately, or late in to painting, please let me know if creating a new file at that size, painting a stroke, smearing with the knife then selecting Undo is displaying the problem. I need to know if this is happening for you a lot, or just on one painting.

Also, as noted above, please check disk space. The Undo system uses disk space to store information (as memory would fill up rapidly) and if you are running out, that may cause the problem if Undo is unable to store info.

In order to help, I'm going to need specific information, so please follow the steps above and let me know the results.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.