ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPad 2 and AR for iPad

Question iPad 2 and AR for iPad

What should ArtRage for iPad users know about this upgrade? Will the new iPad use the same version of AR? Will the program start to be upscaled to take advantage of the greater processing power and memory? Personally, I'm wondering about all of the apps I've bought. I sense that developers don't know what to do about the change. Will they continue to update programs designed for iPad 1?

Probably, I'm asking this question too soon, since the new iPad hasn't been released quite yet. Supposedly, they're going to release a new os for the old iPad, which undoubtedly has implications by itself. Have you guys been filled in on any details at all?

Smile

Yes! I can't wait to find out about ArtRage on the iPad 2 as well. Does the recent 1.0.5 release have anything to do with it?

ArtRage was one of the things which sold me on the idea of getting an iPad, but I had decided to hold out until the iPad 2 came out. (In the meantime, I'm enjoying ArtRage on my desktop!)

Without giving away unannounced features...

ArtRage 1.0.5 has some provision for the new features of the iPad 2

Having said that, we dont actually have an iPad 2 here for testing. So before we get too excited about it we need to make sure it actually works.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

yay, can't wait.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

About the iPad2

Now that the iPad2 has been out for a couple of days - does anyone know how well it runs ArtRage? I'm currently using the original iPad and it's frustrating with the slowness and choppiness. Knowing the new dual core AND the extremely fast graphics performance boost on the iPad2 I'm here hoping that ArtRage would take full advantage of the iPad2.

Anyone tried? Video?

Announcement coming very soon.

Hint: It smokes along.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

As noted in the Announcements forum, ArtRage 1.0.5 already includes support for multi-core processors, so the additional processing power and RAM of the iPad 2 should make a significant difference to your painting.

We will be releasing an update specifically to take advantage of some of the new features of the updated hardware, and introduce one or two new things we have been working on behind closed doors, but all users of 1.0.5 should already see speed improvements on the iPad 2.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Chris Menice gave ArtRage some Time on the iPad 2, and posted it on our blog:
    http://www.fingerpainted.it/2011/03/...rom-rebelpapa/

( Edited by DaveRage - couldn't access the original link so fixed )

Thanks for the mention Benjamin. I've also taken some video of Artrage in action on the iPad 2. In my eyes it's significantly faster already. I look forward to even more with the new update.

I'll drop the link to the video in here when it's up.

Edit: I can't post links apparently. I've posted the video up on Youtube. My user is "therealrebelpapa"
    Last edited by cmenice; 03-15-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Here's the direct link to Chris Menice's YouTube video (mentioned above):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkd6cgcj3Y

Thanks for sharing Chris.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.