ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stargate mystery

Lightbulb Stargate mystery

Hi ALL,

Just a little mystery to solve... These two aliens landed their ship on a planet hundreds of years ago that seemed to be uninhabited. Once landed they discovered that they could breath and did not need a spacesuit so they explored on foot and found a stargate. As they sat trying to figure out what it was, something weird and unexplained happened. A fog moved in from the mountains across the desert engulfing them. They both died immediately without any warning of any type of danger.

What was it that killed them? The mysterious killer was not in the fog. Can you figure out what killed them so quickly? As you can see the red lights on the stargate are lit, a clue? Tune in Sunday March 6th 5pm (-4gmt) to find out.....what happened!

The painting was done in AR3Pro, the aliens and ship were created in art of Illusion modeling and layered in AR3Pro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stargate1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	53398  

Hi Bobby, my quess is that they stopped for the red light, waiting for it to turn green for go, but it never turned green so they died

Arrow

Well, the stargate was the clue....red lights means the gate is on standby. The green lights means it is active and in use. Standby for arrivals.........

In the image below you can see an enemy alien arriving secretly as the two aliens were talking and did not know he was there. He was an enemy alien armed with a paralizing freeze gun. He quickly used it on our two unsuspecting aliens and there they remained in their frozen positions forever.

So, there ya have it.... hope you enjoyed it.. just a little fun art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stargate1a.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	53417  

Yes, Yes, for sure. But, what is on the other side of that star gate? We can not be left pondering this mystery eternally. We must be taken there.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Well I am glad that you told us what really happened Bobby as I was getting brain freeze wondering. Great pictures.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Byron,

Well, ya know...the universe has many secrets and that's one of them. We may never know for sure but hey if I ever find one.....I will let ya know. hehe um if I can return.

Coops,

and now you know, the rest of the mystery. So, it is a cold universe, no? hehe

Pat1940,

You were close....hehe Nice try though.

I find the first one more impressive, but both are terrific (and the second one show also the killer). I think You fantastically matched here space art and surrealism.
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-08-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

nice space art bobby. me too like the first one more, but both are nice, im sure u enjoyed making these...
    i like your idea, the freezing thingi...hehe.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com