ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Paper Grains bug, AR Studio 3.0.8

Paper Grains bug, AR Studio 3.0.8

Pull up "Edit layer texture" then above the "Roughness" slider, double-click on the rightmost of the two windows just above it...the round-corner preview squares.

the "Paper Grains" palette will appear partially behind Layer Texture. From that point, you will not be able to dismiss either one, and force quit is the only move you can make.

Can anyone else confirm?

I'm on OS X 10.6.6, Bamboo Fun tablet.

thanks!

a

I'm not able to replicate this currently but it sounds like the process of the window appearing is being interrupted. You might find that hitting Escape (which closes the topmost modal window) solves the problem when you see it.

We'll make a note to check in to this and see if we can find out what's going on. Thanks for the report!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I can't reproduce it either (I'm on a windows PC, if that makes a difference).

Did you try hitting your escape key (Esc) to get the window to close? I realize it may seem like dim question, I just feel it's always best to ask. It might help them in the trouble shooting.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I can't reproduce it either (I'm on a windows PC, if that makes a difference).

Did you try hitting your escape key (Esc) to get the window to close? I realize it may seem like dim question, I just feel it's always best to ask. It might help them in the trouble shooting.
    I may have tried ESC, but I will try later..going out for a bit, but I will try it.

Could this be a Mac/OS X-specific issue?

a

I just had opportunity to test the Esc idea on this problem.

for me, it did not work...the two boxes are still there, undismissable.

Layer Texture and Paper Grains.

a

I've attempted to reproduce this on OS X 10.6.6 here and have been unsuccessful so far. Could I get you to double check you're using 3.0.8 ( Help -> About ArtRage ), and if so, could you email me directly at support@artrage.com with a screenshot of the problem if possible, and the exact steps you're using as this may be important e.g. how you're going about accessing the options, by right clicking on the layers panel, keyboard shortcut, Edit menu etc and I can do some troubleshooting with you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

OK...just emailed you with my steps, which I typed AS I did it.

thank you!

a

Thank you! We've managed to track this one down now. For anyone else, you may get this problem on OS X if you do the following ( don't do this as it will prevent you from accessing ArtRage )

After opening the 'Edit Layer Texture' option, and unchecking the 'use canvas texture' item, using your tablet stylus rocker switch to double click on the paper grain preview which is the right hand preview above the roughness slider will then prevent you from being able to access the interface and you'll need to force quit Artrage.

To avoid this, single tap instead with the tip of your stylus and avoid using the rocker switch to double click on this specific item.

This has been added to our bug list to be fixed in an update. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Aaaand it's fixed. The solution to this problem will be in our next udpate. Thanks for the details, folks!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I got 1 word for that:

woo-hoo!