ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Myself - Colwax

Introduce Myself - Colwax

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself & also share my first real piece of "art" using ArtRage Studio.

My name is Colin Creed, I live in Berwick, an outer suburb of Melbourne, Australia.
    I originally did my apprenticeship as a Goldsmith/Jeweller back in the mid 70's.
    I then became a Professional Tattoo Artist for 20+yrs working at or owning various Studios within Melbourne.
    Retired from all things tattooing in the late 90's, so returned to my original Trade as being a Manufacturing Jeweller.
    In 2005 I started to learn CAD/CAM for the creating of jewellery designs...
    ...a pretty big task as I'd NEVER used a computer before nor did I know how to turn one on!!

My CAD program of preference is MoI, which is where I first heard of ArtRage.

A close friend is starting a jewellery website aimed at the Rockabilly crowd & was discussing a possible logo idea with me.
    The basic concept was to have an "Old Style Tattoo" look, but with the business name looking "New Style Tattoo".
    So having bought ArtRage Studio, figured I'd better try my hand at using it...
    ...there's nothing like testing your "learning curve" than by jumping head first into a project!
    To my surprise, ArtRage is very intuitive & I've managed to pick up on most things without having to open the Manual for answers.

Here's my results for the Rockabilly Bling website.

Note: I'll return to this post & add the relevant URL links when I'm allowed to.

regards Colin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bling-finished.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	275.9 KB 
ID:	53372  

Welcome to our fine community. This is really excellent work. Well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Hi Alexandra & barnburner,

Thank you both very much for the warm welcome.

What I've found really interesting while using ArtRage for this design, was just how similar it was to getting those same effects on actual paper.
    Which made the whole "learning curve" that much easier because I could just do it like I did back in the old days with actual pencils.

And given how nice ArtRage works, I'm really surprised that this Forum doesn't have a large User/Member group of Tattoo Artists?
    I'll see if I can spread the "ArtRage word" through the Tattoo scene here within Australia.

And just to finish, here's another variation on the original concept.

regards Colin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm very excited to see your arrival! Welcome! This is a most diverse group, and so much to learn. AR makes learing so great, there isn't much of a learnig curve. When I first got AR, I was doing full concept paintins in just a day or two. I have become 100% "Rager".
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Hi L Skylar Brown,

Thanks for the warm welcome too.

regards Colin

Thumbs up Cool Art

Colwax

Welcome to the forums.... Um I think the blonde is the big ticket....hehe

Hey check out our free forum digital magazine www.artrageus.net all back issues are in the archives 2010/2011.

Looking forward to more art!!!! Great work!

You can also make your own art gallery here in the forums (User Gallery).

enjoy
    Bobbyray

Welcome Colwax,

Don't you just love how EZ ArtRage makes painting.The Art Rage Team is awesome. Either of your logo's will look great on a website.
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

really nice work. great graphic stlyle. welcome.

Warm Welcome! Your personal details are very interesting! I am also curious to know whether you have used fractals in your jewelery or tattooing work apart from traditional designs.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore