ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Very Old dog new tricks

Very Old dog new tricks

Hi I am a new member to the forum and an old guy trying something new. Not an artist in any way.

Any way using the demo of artrage I have embarked on my very first drawing and painting of one of my cats and dare I say, really enjoying it.
    I have learned so much from this forum, especially the tutorials already and everyone seems to be so friendly and the work is outstanding.
    Regards Geoff
    Last edited by limey-g; 03-04-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Welcome, Geoff!

I hope you enjoy the forums. Feel free to join in with the gallery forum if you'd like. You can find a guide on how to post images here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

Let us know if you have any questions or need help. Happy painting!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hiya, look forward to seeing you're kitty as soon as it's finished.

Welcome aboard.

Hi, and welcome to the ArtRage forums. If you like cats, be sure to check out the "Paint my cat" thread, where users have posted pictures they drew of their own cats, and of Tycho. If you don't know who Tycho is yet, just give it some time. He has a way of popping in while you're working .
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Welcome! Get into the main gallery and have a look as soon as You may and don't be ashamed to post. Many people here were not professional or aware of their talent at start and are now amazing producer of elegant and masterful artpieces!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks everyone for your kind words of welcome.
    I have been a photographer for more years than I care to think about, mainly of animals, being a breeder of show dogs (Siberian huskies.)
    I have always enjoyed retouching for which I use photoshop and a tablet.

I find that artrage with its many tools might just be the thing to get me over the fact that my drawing ability was always a bit off.
    Regards Geoff

Welcome Geoff and you are never to old to have the great amount of fun that comes along with Artrage, enjoy yourself
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307