ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Lorenzo Lotto (if You wish)

Meet Lorenzo Lotto (if You wish)

I've been impressed by an exhibition of a painter who lived across the XV and XVI century, Lorenzo Lotto.
    I provide You with a link to both Wikipedia and some of the pieces on exhibition. I also attach his self-portrait to complete the introduction.
    If You just consider which materials were available at that time, in terms of pigments and all the rest, no any whatsoever comparison not even with those available in the XIX century, You may easily realize that this painter, one of the too many other top ranking Italian masters often obscured by the auction market or the global legend of the various Leonardo, Michelangelo, Tiziano (Titien), Raphael or even Canaletto, was a really great one who changed the preceding Renaissance canons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo_Lotto
    http://www.corriere.it/gallery/cultu...f4a7ad.shtml#1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotto-autoritratto[1].jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	53293  
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-03-2011 at 03:51 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Pretty impressive Caesar. You couldn't be more right in your observations. I particularly like this painting Porträt einer Venezianerin als Lucrezia and his portrait of a young man, for example. Incredible work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lorenzo_Lotto_046-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	53295  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 03-03-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

-------

Thank you Caesar This information is important to me
    Useful to recalled the history of art from time to time

Fantastic
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Thanks Caesar, for bringing this here. Love the pictures.... for their bright and light colors....

Glad You appreciated this painter ladies and gentleman. Thank You all!

There are painters that, considering their age, thus compared with contemporaries, show such an outstanding value, talent, style and personality and, still, are often known less than so many good "technician" that I often feel like there were undiscovered old mine and a sort of unjustice to just forget them.
    If You wish to consider another number one, a XV century painter, Antonello da Messina, who first learned of and imported in Italy oil painting discovered by flemish artist, once again considering the peiod and the "competition", You would be absolutely stunned. And the sad news is that only a very limited amount of his artpieces still exist today.

Dear Anna, since You like bright and intense colors You may look also to some paintings of Guercino, another minor ancient painter not renowned enough I hope You heard about though. I like better though Guido Reni and Parmigianino.

Thanks for the info and these beautiful pieces of artwork Caesar, it is amazing the beauty they created with out the benifits that we have today.......BTW the site you sent to Suha was very interesting, I downloaded a few for the future

Thank You, dear Pat!

I'm glad You noticed and enjoyed the link and look forward You may use it in Your lovely masterpieces.
    That gallery was just a list of the many marvellous cloisters of any style and age we've got here in Italy. A vague hint too of the nightmare we face being responsible to safeguard so much of the universal patrimony.

Venice, Rome and Florence most traveller visit are but the most prominent examples of a far wider list of towns, villages and places where You may stumble on outstanding marvels within few miles from the last You met.
    I wasn't exaggerating by saying that Italy is a stunning concentration made of varied marvellous natural parks (unique and different mountains, volcanoes, hills and, sea views, with beautiful aboriginal species of many animals) and inhabited area hosting by far the widest, country-size entertainement park, when it comes at architecture and art left by almost three continuous millennia of civilization and a predominant or anyway major historical role.
    I don't think to be kidding at all by affirming there's no comparable place anywhere where culture (in the widest definition, down to popular one), art and nature reached top class levels with such an impressive density of wealth distribution.

Wow, cool!
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Caesar, you are so right on the subject that most tourist visit the big cities and they miss so much by not venturing different avenues, I love the small towns and old buildings, and this is true of lots of countries, they dont see how the people really live, it is wonderful to see the passion you have for your country, I am anxious to paint a scene and hope I do you proud, will be starting as soon as I finish my bluebirds