ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drawing issues on Artrage Studio Pro 3

Unhappy Drawing issues on Artrage Studio Pro 3

Hey, everyone.

I'm having an issue on Artrage Studio Pro 3. When I draw anything, the stroke quality I obtain is kind of bad, it tends to look like polygons and gets really annoying when I try to draw things fast. And I don't experience that issue on other softwares like Photoshop. Is there anything I can do to get rid of that?

There's an image attached here to show what I mean.

I use a Macbook Pro 13" (Mid 2010) with 2.4 GHz Core2Duo Processor and 4GB of memory, so I believe my computer is more than enough to run Artrage at its best configuration, considering Photoshop CS5 works great on it.

Thanks in advance~
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by knelsen; 03-02-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Hi and welcome.

Artrage is a law unto itself as it tries to mimic the traditional painting medium and any comparison to software like photoshop is probably inappropriate. The paper and the settings you use can have an impact on the resulting stoke. Play around with paper and it's settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckart View Post
    Hi and welcome.

Artrage is a law unto itself as it tries to mimic the traditional painting medium and any comparison to software like photoshop is probably inappropriate. The paper and the settings you use can have an impact on the resulting stoke. Play around with paper and it's settings.
    Hm, but even if I'm using its default configurations? I understand Artrage might not have the same stroke quality that softwares like Photoshop or Corel Painter have, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a "natural" thing from the software either. Otherwise, serious digital artists wouldn't choose this software o_O ( and I heard mostly great things about it. )

It's just what I believe, though. :/

Mmm, i believe serious Digital artist are using this software and also using this forum, in fact, if you have a look around forum you can see plenty of thier work. So i'm not sure why you are experiencing a problem and they are not.

Last edited by Chuckart; 03-02-2011 at 07:35 AM.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...228#post341228

http://www.jonhodgson.com/Jon_Hodgso...n/Artwork.html

find Jon's Yourube channel for some demo's, Also member Someonesane has a nice channel that may be of interest.

BTW, i believe these guys may have been involved in the testing of Artrage Studio Pro.
    Last edited by Chuckart; 03-02-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Sigh, I just wanted to know if there is anything I could do to get rid of that issue. xD ArtRage looks like a great app, I love the way people can draw perspective with it. But the stroke quality I am getting when I draw with it is pissing me off, because I tend to sketch fast and make a lot of details. xD;;

Sigh. Artrage is not photoshop as i've already tried to explan

Sigh. Artrage is not photoshop as i've already tried to explan
    :/

Well, if there is nothing to be done about it, then ok. It kind of lets me down.

Sorry i don't have photoshop or painter to test, but i do have Artrage, Sketchbook Pro, My Paint and Gimp and having just doodled some circles with ink, pencil and brush i found no problem or issues.

Hope this helps

Edit to add: nor do i own a all singing all dancing, computer.
    Last edited by Chuckart; 03-02-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Sorry i don't have photoshop or painter to test, but i do have Artrage, Sketchbook Pro, My Paint and Gimp and having just doodled some circles with ink, pencil and brush i found no problem or issues.

Hope this helps
    I use Sketchbook Pro too. It works perfectly. The only software in which I see this issue is Artrage. Ah, well. Thanks for your time anyway.