ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magenta

Magenta

Do you ever have a moment where you remember some one from long ago and you are inspired by a precious thought, something really special about someone? This is what happened to me this evening.
    I thought about a child that was in my daughters Kindergarden class-then she was five years old. This child was a ray of sunshine-literally. Her family were as well. When she would color she would always say, Magenta is my favorite color. I loved helping the school when I could and the children were so dear to me. Now, fifteen years later my daughter and she is grown. I wish I could tell you her name, it was so special, so different, and so beautiful just as she was. I wanted to name this portrait in her honor Magenta because of the special person that she was and that I am sure she is now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A lovely story Sandy - brings back memories of my own. And a lovely panting - soft - clearly reflecting your warm thoughts. And very magenta.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

That is a wonderful story Sandra! My youngest is in kindergarten and I spend time in his class helping out when I can... The kids are wonderful to watch and it makes me wish I could still see and experiance life with the same excitement that they do. I really like the way this resembles a memory. The image that is kind of there but not real clear...like a faded memory. The intense color though represents the strong emotions associated with it even though the minds imagery has faded. Very well done!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

What a lovely memory for you, Sandra! And what a peaceful, dreamy painting!
    Magenta is as much an attitude as a color for this girl.

Dear Sandra, for anyone not believing that God created angels and that not all of them are ethereal beings, You probably met one of them, somehow luminous by nature. They're probably on this world to make us go on praising our Holy Father whatever we see and to remind us of our fundamental choice about or life.
    Absolutely lovely painting!

I was also pleased to discovere that, as I suspected, magenta ethimology and the relevant dye discovery, have to do with the town of Magenta near Milano (Milan) where an epic XIX century battle of our Italian Risorgimento, aimed at unifying our country, II Independence War, was fought and won by Italians helped by French troops of Napoleon III against the Austrian Empire, thus igniting new liberal hopes all over Europe.
    Unfortunately Napoleon and the consequently Piedmont accepted a premature armistice with Austria so that only the I WW completed the full Italian liberation process.
    Anyway later on gratitude was shown to French by Italians, not yet unified, who, under Giuseppe Garibaldi command, helped them against Prussians. French were eventually defeated in Sedan, and the war ceased while Garibaldi was anyway winning on his side also against the terrible, legendary Prussian troops.
    I hope mine was not a boring historical lesson, but a color (having to do with blood somehow) gave me the opportunity to enlight that word by reminding an historical period and events in this year of our 150th from Unity.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wonderful story and an outstanding painting and it also got me to thinking about those who have made an impression on my life too
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Byron, Eddie, Deb, Cesare, and Steve, Thanks so much dears!

Cesare, Thanks too for the interesting history lesson! Very much appreciated!

Sandy, what a beautiful and thoughtful idea. This is just a beautiful painting... very well done!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Very heartwarming Sandra and a beautiful painting