ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Hi I am new here....and tried to do some paintings

Hi I am new here....and tried to do some paintings

I have bought my tablet a week ago and have been trying to paint using the demo version to know if this is what I need... And I am sure it is....
    I had a question about the resolution on bigger paintings ? Is it limited in the demo pro version ? I have some problems with smal details in the demo version even when I say the DPI should be 900 or 1800. It seems that it is not working. Or am I doing something wrong ?
    How do I find out what resolution DPI to use on a canvas of 1 meter by 60 cm for example that when I have that printed on canvas it turns out okay ?

This is very important for me as up till now I have been painting and drawing on real canvas and paper and my friends want theirs to be printed.

But I love ArtRage ! It is really really great.... I wanted to show you what I did last week but I am not alowed to yet because I need to post more first..

The demo version of ArtRage Studio Pro is limited to documents of 1280 x 1024 pixels in size, so if that's what you're using, that may explain why your image size is limited.

To get an idea of the size of images you can work with in ArtRage, you could download the ArtRage 2.6 Starter Edition from www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html This version has less features than Studio Pro, but its demo doesn't have a specific size limit on the paintings you can create, so you can try out making paintings of whatever size you like, in order to see if Artrage will do what you're looking for.

Regarding posting images, you don't need to make more posts to do that. I've written a guide on posting artwork here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Okay I am going to try to post my first try-out drawing in that way.... As I am used to post images on forums I normally place the url and the [img][/img] but then I got the message to prevent Spam etc....you need to post more before you can do that....let's see....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kimjpg2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	53231  

Thanks DaveRage that worked ! So here some of the other ones I made this week...

Name:	baluwitjpg.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	53232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linenper6.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	53233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	appaloosajpg.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	328.7 KB 
ID:	53234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lipijpg2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	447.9 KB 
ID:	53235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pagan2jpg.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	381.0 KB 
ID:	53236  

And some more.....

Name:	ross5jpg.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	53237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wesseljpg.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	53238  

Hey, your paintings/art are wonderful.
    If you post your art in the Gallery section of the forums people will see them and exchange notes, etc. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...splay.php?f=10

You've posted in the technical support section of the forum and people will be less likely to see your work in this section. If you go to the link above to post you'll find a friendly group of people to exchange thoughts with, and you can see all their art too.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thanks Byroncallas,
    you are right....I see now that my subject had been moved to the technical forum....
    I will post them in the gallery section....tomorrow....(because it's 1 AM here, but I can not seem to stop working with ArtRage....)