ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: paintings from Ipad to computer and vice a versa

paintings from Ipad to computer and vice a versa

Is it possible to uploaded a painting from the ipad and still have all the layers in Artrage 3 to carry on editing, if so will it work the other way around.

Yes, when you sync with iTunes - the app tab, the artrage folder contains the layered paintings, just drag it out, double click on it and Artrage on your home computer will open them. I have not tried dragging them back in but it should work. It works in other apps.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

I have just tried that suzi, I can't see any folders within artrage application.
    I did pull the program onto desktop then it asked if I wanted to replace it on the Ipad.

Sorry I was not very clear... the folders are not in the Artrage program...

You can transfer layered ArtRage files between the current iPad and desktop versions via iTunes file sharing.

To get the ArtRage painting file ( PTG ) from your iPad, dock your iPad, open iTunes and go to your iPads 'Apps' tab. (This is in iTunes) Under 'File Sharing', click ArtRage and you'll see a listing of all your painting files which you saved to your gallery on the iPad. These can be dragged to your computer and opened in the desktop version ( File -> Open, or just double clicking the painting file )

Hope this makes more sense, I copied it from on of the rage boys suggestions.

Here's a snap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iTunes.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	53223  
    Last edited by suziQ54241; 03-01-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suziQ54241 View Post
    Sorry I was not very clear... the folders are not in the Artrage program...

You can transfer layered ArtRage files between the current iPad and desktop versions via iTunes file sharing.

To get the ArtRage painting file ( PTG ) from your iPad, dock your iPad, open iTunes and go to your iPads 'Apps' tab. (This is in iTunes) Under 'File Sharing', click ArtRage and you'll see a listing of all your painting files which you saved to your gallery on the iPad. These can be dragged to your computer and opened in the desktop version ( File -> Open, or just double clicking the painting file )

Hope this makes more sense, I copied it from on of the rage boys suggestions.

Here's a snap
    Thanks for share, it is very useful to me.

Thank you so much Suzi, it works a treat.

I was using dropbox to transfer my files but they are saved as jpegs so I lost the layers. I can now do some more work on my waterfall and still have the layers, Brill.

Glad to help. Have fun!

Sorry to open this one back up

I get all the transferring stuff. However, I'm having an issue with transferring a .ptg from my computer to an iPad. It seems to transfer ok by hitting the add button and I see the image on my iPad in the gallery area but it only has the default thumbnail and it does not want to open. I've even gone as far as reducing the number of layers by merging. Is there any special criteria for moving a .ptg from the computer to the iPad?

I haven't tried this but perhaps your file is too large Maximum size is 1440 x 1440.

That makes sense. I'll try that.