ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Airbrush

Gallery
    View images

Airbrush

With the airbrush, if I set inclination to 100% and I draw horizontaly, I get a fuzzy on the top and the clean line at the bottom (1). Or the inverse, fuzzy on the bottom and clean line on the top (2) !
    It looks like it's random...
    Do you know what to do to define where the fuzzy part will be ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Old

Gallery
    View images
    I can reproduce this.

The clean line follows the pen cursor, the fuzzy line is the far end of the inclined "spray." It seems like it's *supposed* to be facing upward if the stroke is rightward, and downward if the stroke is leftward. For the most part, this works.

It's not exactly random, but it does seem to get confused if your pen motion has tiny movements at the beginning (or even during) a stroke. I was able to get it to flip from one direction to the other midstroke by making tiny jostles or wiggles. Perhaps a pen motion vector of 0,0 gets in there and confuses the math?

In terms of user interface, I think I would prefer the cursor oval to begin growing a point on the nozzle end, or a line that represents the nozzle of the airbrush tool. This would give stronger feedback during inclined airbrush use.
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts

Gallery
    View images
    On a Wacom tablet, the airbrush direction is relative to the tilt of the pen, not the direction of the stroke.

So, if you are moving horizontally (L-R or R-L) and have the pen leaning back towards you, the spray goes upwards. If the pen is leaning away from you, the spray goes downwards.

The same logic works with vertical strokes. Also, if you pen is leaning into or away from the direction of stroke, then the spray is in-line with your stroke, and you will not see a hard side and a spray side.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Drzeller, my Wacom tablet is as old as I am :? , so it does not register the tilt of the pen, unfortunately.
    Would it be possible to implement an option like:
    - left/top
    - right/bottom

where the fuzzy would start on the left of a vertical/top of an horizontal pen/mouse movement, or start on the right of a vertical/bottom of an horizontal pen/mouse movement ? That would help the unfortunates that can't indicate ArtRage the tilt they want.
    Old