ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stuck on the ice

Stuck on the ice

I have absolutely no idea what to do with this. It feels unfinished, but I've manipulated it every way I can think of and nothing is coming.

Any ideas?

(I'm calling this Ice tentatively)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icecubes.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	53204  

It's cool like it is!
    I would experiment with putting some walking side-view human figures made entirely with the icy white effect you have in this. I'd play Escher, and visualize it as a large tunnel, and have one walking right-side up but also one walking up the wall and one walking upside down on the ceiling... Maybe at different depths..
    But then, i like it as it is.

Very pretty Annie. It reminds me of a beautifully wrapped Christmas present. Maybe a bow in the center? The calligraphic pen or the bow sticker stamp thingie in the center?

missing subject

sure, the simple criticism, hoping you are confident in your skills, the composition is missing the a subject, that is, it is all background. there is no center of focus. One of the other comments get to this, adding a figure walking or something. Maybe take one or two of the clones and enlarge and detail so it clear what you are looking at and draw the eye in. hope this helps, enjoy.

What were you setting out to do when you started?

It's really great, but I think it needs something to give it the clear perspective, perhaps something or someone falling? A building in the middle?
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Like it as it is

But maybe draw a large Ruby In Center??