ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Difference is the Difference

The Difference is the Difference

DISAPPOINTMENT WARNING: The AR painting file is bright, sharp, and clear. But the JPG compression for the upload is horrible - making it look dull, soft, and muddy. Even blowing it up here it's still a disappointment.

But I liked the painting and decided to upload anyway. It is 100% inkpen (except three chalk lines for volume on the three tubes that join on the left). It's all one layer, no transformations, duplication, rotations, and no tints. The apparent tints are an illusion built up with the ink pen in the difference setting, but always at 100% opacity. The difference and normal settings on the ink pen are used throughout at 100% opacity, each line laid down one on top of another all in one layer to build the illusions. Consequently, the painting had to be constructed carefully. The DIFFERENCE setting in the ink pen with careful application for precise colors is the fuel behind the illusions of depth and transparency (consequently, "The Difference is the Difference", for lack of a better name). Unfortunately, much of the effect is lost in the compressed jpg. Anyway, hope you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Difference is the Difference Photozoom.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	483.0 KB 
ID:	53175  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 02-28-2011 at 05:00 AM. Reason: spellnig
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Wow Byron, your tablet must be smokin after this one... HOLY SHMOLY that's cool! It's almost like a quilt with deminsion. I can picture this as a huge mural in a fancy art gallery somewhere! The more I look the more and more and more I see...Wow! It almost appears as though you tackled this one as multiple smaller abstracts and fit them together in an organized way. However you did it - it's fantastic!

Edit - I agree, the clarity is much better clicking on it but I'm sure nowhere near what it looks like in PNG format on your PC. I am always a bit disappointing as well when I post an image here...They tend to loose a lot of clarity and vibrancy.
    Last edited by Sketchism71; 02-27-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

I thought it looked very good at the large size.
    I can understand why you have to have low rez images for the first image. considering you are actually viewing 3 sizes of image per post per person on the larger size images. Makes sense considering server space and the sheer
    number of images we post.

This is a gorgeous piece Byron. I like how there are many art pieces to explore within the art piece.

Fascinating ranges of colors. I love bright colors myself and a lot of my clothes can make water buffalows go wild (In Thailand, it is forbidded to wear bright clothes to the rice farms for the water buffalows can really go mad and chase you!)

I toned my colors down when visiting or passing rice farms.

These colors of yours can brighten any gloomy day.

Eddie, thanks so much - that should make my Sunday. And yes, grrrrr on those compressed jpg uploads.

Likewise Albert thanks - you ever inspire; and AGAIN grrrr on the jpg.

Jasminek, that is an hilarious story. I think I'll avoid carrying my paintings under my arm when strolling though the paddies with those gigantic water buffalo. It's never too good to get those big guys all hot and bothered. Thanks for the warm and fun comments.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4