ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Frame of Reference

Frame of Reference

A "glazing" experiment that should affect how things look, depending on how you look, sort of. A little bit of a puzzle, it should fall together more sensibly if blown up full screen and viewed from several feet back (hopefully).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frame of Reference-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	454.0 KB 
ID:	53148  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 02-26-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I just closed my book on color theory in impressionist landscape painting, took two ibuprofen from the headache that it caused then decided to browse through here only to find this... Are you trying to give me a migraine dear Byron? Color, tone, intensity, transperancy, primary, secondary, tertiary and how they are all effected by each other as well as the light illuminating them (breath).

Because of my reading I was instantly perplexed by the colors in this but then realized I need not be. Starting at the bottom (not the bottom of the canvas but the deep bottom layer from the center), I gradually worked my way up each level. I realized that the complexity of color came from seeing the entire image at once. Being able to break it down in layers or levels like a glass skyscraper in which each floor is made of a different color glass I was able to emerge at the top unharmed and enlightened. The structure became my frame of reference and at that point the color became the beauty. Fantastic work Byron!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Thanks a whole lot Sketch, and particularly thanks for catching the spirit of the thing and getting involved inside of it.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 02-27-2011 at 03:13 AM. Reason: spellnig
    //

This piece has a fine new clarity. All your work is fabulous, but this one has the honed craftsmanship of a master. It is a wonderful art piece.
    There are areas that I could only describe as healing. For instance, I am drawn to the upper right eventually where the wooden frame dips into the purple paint and I have the most wonderful sensation that I want to stay for that peaceful calming as the whole side dips then into the purple. but then I notice that clarity of the exposed circle in addition the color diversities and color clarity in the right area and I am drawn away again to further explore.
    I think Mondrian might have got here as well.
    This is a great piece. It just hums like a well made watchworks.
    If this is your new craftsmanship I would say you have arrived as an artist.
    Just superb.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 03-01-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks you so much Albert. I feel like you understand my paintings so thoroughly and appreciate how generous you are with your feedback. This certainly makes my day.
    //

In my view I see a television from the sixties with the controls on the opposite side where a message from different parts of the world are to be broadcasted at the same moment in the future, but a select group will be able to understand it only! Very cool Byron!

Thank you Sandy. I am finding your wonderful interpretations a terrific source of pleasure in these recent weeks - always adding new dimensions and viewpoints. Big smiles all around.
    //