ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Import image file to layer, AR3 studio pro

Import image file to layer, AR3 studio pro

When I import an image to a layer how do I change size, position and orientation?
    In AR 2.6 it was very easy, and you were actually prompt about it before finsihing the import. Has that feature disappeared in AR3 Studio pro?

Hanse

In my opinion, on importing a picture to a layer, the picture comes in in transformation mode, letting you scale ,flip, and rotate.
    If not click on the little menu icon for that layer, in the layers panel. from there choose "transform layer contents..."
    that should do it.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

How large was the image being imported? If it's larger then the canvas size, it's likely the transformation rig couldn't be seen, because it encompassed the entire screen. Just to be sure, zoom out a bit, and try again.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

When you import an image to a layer in ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro, it is surrounded by a transform rig. Dragging on the image will allow you to place it, or you can use the handles on the outside of the transform rig to scale and rotate the image. Zooming out so you can see the edges of your canvas will enable you to make sure you can see the edges of the area if you need to manipulate these.

When you're done placing your imported image, press enter on your keyboard or click outside the transform rig to confirm.

I hope that helps, let us know if you find you're still having problems and we'll be happy to help further.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

when the image is larger than the page, you won't see the handles, then you can use the scrollwheel of your mouse to shrink or enlarge the image. just scroll inside the picture.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK