ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Which ArtRage should I purchase?

Which ArtRage should I purchase?

Hello, new to the forum, etc, etc...

I have a new Cintiq12WX on order to be delivered next week and I'm looking for a good art program to go along with it and I am considering ArtRage. I'm leaning toward the $40 Studio level, but I want to be sure I don't end up with "Buyer's remorse", find myself unhappy because I really needed a function in the Pro suite...

Mainly I hope to use the program for sketching, linework, and coloring. Not photorealism, but the quality of a good animation cel, webcomic, or the like.

So, I'm hoping to perhaps hear some opinions from some of the folks with the Studio suite? Are there functions in the Pro suite you are sorry you don't have access to? Is it the art software of your dreams?

Hello Jack

Take a look at this http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ead.php?t=8142 thread and the work of Professional Illustrator, Nick Harris, also take a look at his "books" here http://cggallery.itsartmag.com/user....lus&view=books

StudioPro costs a fraction of some others, but as you'll see from the above links, in right hands, it produces the goods.

Do you also put regular gas in your Ferrari?

Go for the full version. You will not be sorry. I could make a list of the things
    you will end up wanting. You will be spoiled quickly and glad for having quite
    a few features I guarantee you would surely miss.

Hi Jack. Hope you enjoy your new tablet when it arrives! I'd recommend downloading the demo from www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html to get a bit of a preview of how the software works if you haven't done so. You can compare the features of Studio and Studio Pro by clicking the 'Full Feature Comparison' link on this page http://www.artrage.com/artrage-studiopro-features.html . This may help give you an idea of whether any of the Studio pro version's features are important to the way you work or not.

Artrage Studio costs $40, Studio Pro costs $80 from our online store, but you can get a discount coupon to upgrade from Studio to Studio Pro which gives you $35 off the price if you decide you want to upgrade at a later date.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you gentlemen for your input.

I've never done any artwork digitally, only with old fashioned pen and paper, so I'm looking forward to the chance to try out the Cintiq and working directly in the digital format.

Any advice in that regard is wholly appreciated.