ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No pressure in Studio Pro

No pressure in Studio Pro

Hi,

Just got a brand new EP121 and I did install the latest Wacom Penabled driver (7.01-8 RC) to have pressure in PS CS5. But since, I lost the pressure in ArtRage. I tried to toggle the ink, touch, etc options in the preference pane, but I had no luck getting it to work. I looked around on the forum, but found nothing that could help me.

If someone have any idea, it will be appreciated.

Best,

Goneau

Try going to "Artrage Preferences" -> "Input Device" -> check "Use WinTab". Then restart and see if this helps, if not - try reinstalling drivers or get older version. Good luck!
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Set your input settings to default by opening the preferences panel, and from the menu button choosing 'Reset Preferences to default'. Shut down ArtRage.

Make sure you have ArtRage Studio Pro 3.0.8 installed, the latest update, as otherwise the following option will not exist.

Uncheck 'Use Wintab' under Edit -> Preferences -> Input. Then restart ArtRage after confirming the change.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi,

I just tried your suggestion with no luck...

Let me know if there is something else to try. I need pressure in PS CS5, but I wish I could still use ArtRage.

Best,

Goneau

There are a few possibilities here:

1. See if there are Wacom drivers available from your Hardware vendor rather than using the default Penabled drivers. We have seen with some devices where the Wacom drivers cause problems with the native drivers on the device that handle Ink Services (which is the normal pressure input method for Win7). The normal Penabled drivers may be incompatible with your system. Photoshop may work, but apps that follow the standard Ink Services model may not.

2. Try running with Wintab On in ArtRage and Ink Services off. This may prevent gestures working if you have them on that machine, but it may restore pressure to ArtRage. We are compatible with both standards, but some hardware/driver combinations have problems.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi,

As ASUS doesn't seem to provide driver for the Wacom digitizer in EP121, I finally manage to get it working with a driver from Fujitsu as mentioned on a thread on another forum. The pressure is now working in every applications I have. The line still looks a little jiggly in ArtRage, but it may be the brushes settings that need tweaking. I'll test it a little more and will come back if I got any more questions.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you've had some success. One thought about the line smoothness: This will depend on what the tablet driver supports ( or reports that it supports to ArtRage ). I'd recommend trying 'precise tablet mode' on and off in ArtRage's Input preferences. Some drivers are not compatible with precise tablet mode.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi,

I had to exchange my tablet at the store and before I reinstall the Fujitsu driver, I wanted to give another try at the official Wacom driver first for a couple of reasons.

First, I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss something the first time. But it seems not because everything works fine except ArtRage.

Secondly, I am a bit reluctant to reinstall the Fujitsu driver because I had a couple of BSOD while using that driver and the line in ArtRage was way more jiggly that with the default driver.

So it brings me to wonder if there could be another solution, because, as I said, with the latest Wacom driver, everything works fine (PhotoShop, Inking, SketchBook) but ArtRage...

Thanks,

Goneau

The official driver is the one provided by your hardware vendor, the Wacom driver is a generic driver that may or may not have conflicts with the hardware on your device. If you are experiencing crashes with the official driver there may be a solution provided by the hardware vendor, but in the meantime, the last thing you could do if the Wacom driver is installed is switch to using Wintab:

In the Input section of the Preferences Panel, turn OFF 'Use Ink Services' and turn ON 'Use Wintab'. You may also find that turning off the Multitouch option helps.

We can't guarantee that that will solve the problem because the hardware itself may not be providing all of the information the Wintab system requires, but it may help.

We are making some changes in a future update that may also affect this behaviour, but I can't be sure at this point.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt, thanks for your follow up.

Actually, my vendor, ASUS, doesn't offer any driver that enable the pen pressure in Photoshop for the EP121. So there is no "official" driver for my tablet. I once used a driver from Fujitsu that seemed to work at first (pen pressure in all applications), but I got a couple of BSOD at boot time.

I also tried to toggle the Ink Services and Wintab on and off in ArtRage preferences. But I did not find any way to make it work.

I am looking forward to test the new update when it will be available to see if it can solve the problem.