ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: change background colour

change background colour

i'm working on a piece and i dont like the background colour..how do i change it..i'm pretty sure ive done this before with a separate layer but for the life of me i can't remember how i did it lol
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

DO you mean the background colour for the image - in which case just create a layer at the base and use the 'bucket fill tool' with your chosen hue.

Or if you mean the background workspace colour, choose the colour you want to change it to first, then click somewhere on it while holding alt (I'm on a pc - Use the equivalent colour sample keystroke for Mac I think) - the colour will change to that.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

The background color can be changed by changing the color of Canvas: go to View - Canvas Settings. A windows appears, and on the left click the "Canvas Colour" button and there you can set the background color without adding'n'filling layers...

Or, if you mean changing the background's color that's drawn already, go to Edit - Adjust Layer Colors and play with settings there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tip.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	309.4 KB 
ID:	53014