ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A satyrical vignette

A satyrical vignette

Unfortunately You should know enough of Italian political life (not really the best part of it anyway, should there be one) to better enjoy it.
    onetheless I hope You like it as well.
    I used the mouse and revieved some pictures of them to keep control on resemblance, but I had to elaborate their features myself to get different poses and expressions necessary to tell the story (a case of trasformismo, support changes).
    The first one from the left is our President of the House of Deputies Gianfranco Fini, the third one our Prime Minister Silvio Berlsconi and the middle one an actor and deputy who, among others, but more outstandingly, is making fast pirouettes in this period to personally keep well afloat (with doubt result though on his reputation and success).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Il trasformista.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	53003  
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-22-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Most Amusing! And we Americans think our "politic" is a mess!
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Cesare, Cesare,

ah, you can do better for Berlusconi. C'mon.
    I want to see him chasing the little 17 year old hooker around the room.
    It was a gift from heaven for you to paint. Now get busy.

Very funny Caesar. But then, maybe Albert has a point you will have to contend with.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

U.S. politic a comparable mess, dear Skylar? Wannaya kid? After the Romans Empire fall and since centuries, our politic was quite often not only a mess, but also operetta, comic and tragic opera, masks comedy, puppets show, mime show, pantomime and improvised (curtain-raiser?) acting. There was another possible title to this, but the pun would be even more internationally obscure than the term "trasformismo" one of our patented political inventions. Thank You!

Dear Sandra, I must take Your compliments about my talent in little doses or I may grow puffed up, supercilious ... and risk to become a politician. Thank You!

Dear Albert, You invite me to do the easiest and best fitting kind of vignette while I was trying a most sophisticated, edyfing and elevated form of satire ... You're absolutely right, but rather than chasing I've got a slightly different and more corresponding idea on that! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Byron. I will and it would be a successful vignette here too, notwithstanding we are submerged by this and much more humor thereabout.

Anyway, as you probably know, our politicians and public opinion is not really bound by candid or puritanical expectations about morally disputable issues concerning the behaviours on improper sexual affairs, lies and a few other sins as distiguished from crimes. The funny thing with Berlusconi's trial is that, among involved people, there's no self-declared or self-aware victim who's asking to get justice.
    Therefore the main (and somehow evidence weakly supported) issue with Berlusconi is that judges were able to eventually pack a possible crime because of the girl's age while his habits were currently known and suspected by almost anyone. This awareness we have in Italy, since we don't rely too much on official statements of anyone, either Italian or foreigner, made so that Wikileaks discoveries on anyone and any involved country (substantially concerning U.S. reports and visions) made us smile here in Italy, because if those were U.S. diplomacy secret discoveries, they could have gathered them all cheaply over our bars. We were thus and consequently also a little upset by the violence and specious accusation against Assange whilst they had to tap on their ambassodirs and diplomats' heads for being so poorly smart. This also means that judiciary power can unfortunately be used as a weapon rather than for justice.
    Another and grotesque example? Ford suited in Detroit - U.S. Ferrari (why that jurisdiction?) because the new F1 racing car the F150, was named like one of their pick-ups! Is there any reason why a Ferrari cannot use an F or the number 150 on a fully different car not aimed at being sold? Can Ford have the right to patent the Latin alphabet letter F and the Arabic notation number 150? Moreover who has the right to refrain Ferrari to celebrate the 150th year of the Unity of Italy the 150 was intented to?
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-22-2011 at 10:46 PM.

These are great Cesare another fine display of your ability.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Caesar, these are great, cant believe you can do this so well with your mouse, that just goes to show what a true artist can do, wonderful sketches

Thank You, dear Amanda and Pat!
    Decent use of the mouse is not that difficult as it may seem selecting the right sheer zoom depending on the length of the line to be traced. Moreove using the tilted pencil first is of help because You may even correct a little with the erase and You may eventially darken where appropriate for outlining.

It is ridiculous for Ford to sue Ferrari. They are just jealous because the best cars in the world are made in Italy.
    I always thought the war of Apples was silly between The Beatles and Apple computer for stealing the word apple.
    We definitely have more than our share of scandals in the U.S.... a new one every week. How many politicians have been toppled by sexcapades, even Presidents are not immune of course.