ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: find the colors / paint by number

find the colors / paint by number

Hello,
    Artrage 3 studio pro virtual on linux.
    I look for a way to make a paint by number painting. As not native english speaker i cant find any usefull information.beside to make paint by number paintings i try to get some background ideas how to grab color specially as it is not strict one color mostly but a range of *one* color, have the idea i open a can of worms with this
    But any info , hint or how to is welcome.

If you're looking for information on how to sample colour from each area, you can use the colour sampler tool, then use your colour samples panel to add a sample of each colour which you can name for convenience.

if you are looking for a way to find an average colour for each area, I can't think of a method myself to use in ArtRage which would allow you to do that, but another forum member may have some ideas.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your question.
    -----
    Als u op zoek bent naar informatie over hoe om te proeven van kleur van ieder gebied, kunt u de kleur te gebruiken sampler tool, gebruik dan uw kleur stalen paneel om een monster van elke kleur die je kunt de naam voor het gemak te voegen.

Als u op zoek bent naar een manier om een gemiddelde kleur voor elk gebied te vinden, kan ik niet denken aan een methode zelf te gebruiken in ArtRage die u toestaan om dat te doen, maar een ander forum lid kan ideeŽn hebt.

Laat het me weten als ik het verkeerd begrepen hebben uw vraag.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

So the idea is that you want to grab a color that would result from the mixing of two or more adjacent colors, right? This is something I've seen done once before with an online drawing board, and I thought it was a pretty cool concept (especially when it came to that board, where there wasn't any options for actually blending colors). I think it'd be a nice feature to have in ArtRage. It might work something like this:
    1 - Select the Color Sampler Tool

2 - Use the Tool Size panel to increase the area it would draw the colors from

3 - Select the average of the colors within the tool shape area

Name:  averagesampler.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  90.6 KB
    The only way I can think of doing that in ArtRage, currently, is to actually blend the colors using the palette knife. So, you'd select the Palette knife, and set it to use the Blur type. Then you'd blur the spot you want to select the blended colors from. Then use the color sampler to pick up the color from the center of the blurred area. Hit Ctrl+Z to undo the blur, if necessary.

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Wil try both ways ,stil chewing on the select part , think wil need to dive in to scripting in gimp to for this.