ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: so overwhelmed !

so overwhelmed !

I just purchased, Artrage Studio and a wacom fun tablet this month. It came with corel essentials and photoshop. I feel like a big dummy ! I don't knowwhere to start ! I started in corel but don't really know much, just going by trial and error. Artrage is a whole nother story!! I am stuck trying to get color palet and which tutorial to go to first, I have not even done one painting yet! I was suppose to be doing a job for a friend, a design for a book cover. The writter is very particular with details and I tried but couldn't finish it because i am still learning digital art. I have always been a hands on artist, at 53 it is all new to me, i was so excited at first, but the money I spent was a gift and exspensive to me , 200.00 for the wacom med fun tablet, and 40 for the artrage. I wondering will I ever learn it all.! i tried to tell my friend to go with her publishers' art but she insist I do it, not fun so after fumbling for the last few nights and days, loosing sleep, I have totally abandon the project. No money has exchanged hands so thats no worry.

When it doubt, click on the "Help" tab, and select "ArtRage Help". This opens the ArtRage Help Manual (PDF file), with detailed information on everything there is to know about ArtRage. If you're looking to read about something specific in the manual, hold down the "Ctrl" key and then hit your "F" key. This will open the "Find" panel, where you can then type in what you're looking for, and use it to search for that topic throughout the Manual.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Doing digital art can take a long time to start off ....and then after 12 years you'll find you'll still be learning ....and the learning never stops.

Wink

Thank you both so much ! Well I am proud to say I was able to upload paint and color samples to my artrage pallet ! still learning!

The forum is also a very friendly one, so a question will be answered quickly too.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Hi Netta, Don't give up! At first I would scan in my sketches and color them. Try the different tools and doodle as much as you can. Remember the settings as far as the control over each tool.

Smile

Thanks all, I love all your artwork , I am amazed at what can be done! I feel like a kid in a candy store !

Quote Originally Posted by netta View Post
    I just purchased, Artrage Studio and a wacom fun tablet this month. It came with corel essentials and photoshop. I feel like a big dummy ! I don't knowwhere to start ! I started in corel but don't really know much, just going by trial and error. Artrage is a whole nother story!! I am stuck trying to get color palet and which tutorial to go to first, I have not even done one painting yet! I was suppose to be doing a job for a friend, a design for a book cover. The writter is very particular with details and I tried but couldn't finish it because i am still learning digital art. I have always been a hands on artist, at 53 it is all new to me, i was so excited at first, but the money I spent was a gift and exspensive to me , 200.00 for the wacom med fun tablet, and 40 for the artrage. I wondering will I ever learn it all.! i tried to tell my friend to go with her publishers' art but she insist I do it, not fun so after fumbling for the last few nights and days, loosing sleep, I have totally abandon the project. No money has exchanged hands so thats no worry.
    you're overwhelmed and with good reason... i feel the same way i start learning something new. I have big plans but i forget i need to learn to walk before i run. take the time and relax. ( the friends project just compounded the pressure to learn and perform )

good luck

steve

Best advice I can give, is to just relax and have fun. Experiment.. try all the tools at different settings to see what looks you can get from them.
    The more you learn what each tool can do for you, the more confidence you will have.
    The tips and tricks forum is loaded with tutorials and ideas from posters, and I have never seen a forum anywhere where the community is so eager to help.
    Got a question - just ask - somebody will have an answer.
    Enjoy!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: