ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muir's 2011 Art (updated 28th April)

Muir's 2011 Art (updated 28th April)

Hi! Just recently got ArtRage Pro and have started to play around with it.

Thought I would share my creations with everyone here, since you all are more experienced with the program.

Here is my first painting. I used a photo of my mother for reference. Usually, I sketch the subject out on paper then scan it in and colour it digitally, but since ArtRage has the very neat feature of being able to pin a ref pic to the canvas, I tried to draw using my tablet for the very first time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mom.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	52959  
    Last edited by Muir Dragonne; 04-28-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Wonderful. Terrific effort. You captured a lot of warmth, personality and soul. Welcome to the forums. Everyone will be enthused to see your paintings and here is a great environment to explore ideas with others.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thank you, Byron. I've been lurking on here for the last few days, looking through the different threads and trying to absorb as much as I can, hehe. :3

I got the demo a week ago and was indecisive about buying the full program, but a friend saw how much fun I was having playing with it and kind of nudged me to purchase it. Glad I did!

Welcome Muir it was good to hear that you sketched your mum looks OK
    try and keep sketching if you can because there's so many way's now which you will see has mum got a touch of irish in her blood ? as for sketching in the bus all I use is pencil and A5 pad did buy a IPad for it but not possible plus was told being I'm an old doddera it would be pinched
    But the Bus sketching has improved my drawing regards AT-Plus The Old

Welcome Muir and what a fine start, I can see you are going to have lots of fun with Artrage.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks Eighty and Coops.

@Eighty, I love sketching. Sadly I got out of the habit of sketching on the bus and trains, but I still do gestures and detailed sketches of stock photos I find on the internet as well as photos of family and friends. I plan on trying again with my Mum as I'm not completely satisfied with this one and know I can do better. (I'm planning on giving the "best" painting to her for Mother's Day, so I have a bit of time to play about with it.)

@Coops, ArtRage is a very fun program! Even a friend of mine who "can't draw at all" (his words) likes playing around with it.

Here's my Oil painting that I did in the art project section - minus the gummi bear hehe. :3
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Muir, some fine paintings. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Muir! You are going to love AR and these forums! Looks like you are off to a great start!

@Belvrog and MacPix - Thank you both very much for the warm welcomes. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't touched pencil to paper since I got ArtRage. It's just so much fun to work in!