ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Asking for help for portraiture

Asking for help for portraiture

Hi,
    It's the 1st time I come here, I am not sure my upload worked, so, I'd like to have some advises on this attempt: what are the main defaults?is it better, and easier to work with layers(but I don't absolutely know about that)?
    I'd be delighted if I could have some tips!
    Thank's very much!
    Sylca
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beautiful painting Sylca. You are on track.

EDIT:

Check out these links:
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=12938

and

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=28089
    Last edited by Lima; 02-20-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Great Start! Cool! Want to see more from you! Best of Luck!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Interesting portrait - I like it a lot

When I started with AR I didn't understand about the layers... but layers really do have a lot of advantages and will make any corrections you want to make later very easy to do. Also layers allows you to have a pencil drawing on top to use as a guide which you can later close if you want to.

Also, by duplicating your painting in the next layer - this frees you up to try a different tool or set of colors, which in case you afterwards don't like, then you still have your original painting intact.
    Some people prefer to save the painting under different names, but I prefer to use the layers so that its easy to compare results.

Good luck and enjoy painting

Smile

Thank's a lot for your nice comments, I appreciate, and Rowena, for your useful advices, which I am going to follow!I am so glad you took the time to put a reply to my attempt, it was the 1st time!
    Sylca

I like what you have done here. Very nice portrait.
    Everybody has their own preference, but personally, I love using layers.
    It gives you the freedom to experiment without fear of messing up what you have already done.
    You can adjust the opacity on just what you are working on to get the effect you want, without bothering the whole painting.
    If I'm painting something like a landscape, and I like a tree, building,fence, cloud,etc., that I've painted, I will often export that layer to a folder for use in another painting later on.
    One thing you have to watch with layers is to be sure what layer you are working on. If you have a lot of layers, it is easy to get involved and find yourself working on the wrong layer.. ( I know! )
    Have fun!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: