ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sticker spray help

Sticker spray help

Hello,

I have a question about the sticker spray feature. I took a screen shot and on the left side of screen is preset group sticker spray an is has a few nice sticker sets. But on the right side of the screen is a sticker sheets window, how do i get stickers from there to work with the sticker spray tool?

Any time I click a sticker in the right window it only opens one sticker on the screen. And does not spray like items inthe left window.

Sorry im a bit of a noob as I have not used Artrage in a long time.

Thanks in advance
    Fred
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artrage stickers.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	52881  

The panel on the left is the Presets panel. A preset is just a saved instance of the settings made for a particular tool. So if someone fiddled with the Oil Brush settings so that the tool made a short semi-transparent mark, it could then be saved as a Preset for later use.

The panel on the right of your screen shot is the Sticker Sheet panel. It shows all of the Sticker Sheets available for use. Selecting a sheet from this panel will open that Sticker Sheet up, allowing user to drag and drop individual stickers from it. Each dropped sticker may then be positioned, scaled, or have it's hue changed (again, individually).

Now, by using the Sticker Spray tool, one can create a number of different effects by selecting a Sticker Sheet, and then changing the settings on the Settings panel, Shadow panel, and the Variations panel. These changes may then be saved as a Preset for later use, which can be selected from the Presets panel.

That said... For what you're trying to do, you need to first select a Preset you like for the Sticker Spray tool. You must then open the Settings panel, and select the Sticker Sheet you'd like to use from the Sheet menu (this menu is pointed out in the attached screen shot below).

You may also find these tutorials useful:

(Written) Sticker Sheet and Sticker Spray Tutorial

(Video) Sticker Sheet Tutorial

Name:  clickhere.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  22.8 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Confused still

Hello,

first thanks for the help an information.
    This is just a bit confusing for me, i must be having a brain melt down.

So i will try try a different method of explaining. On thie new image I am attaching you can see I have selected the Sticker Spray tool, also you will se just to the right of it it says 274 presets. If I expaned th preset window I have 23 items listed under Group - Sticker spray and each of the 23 have a dot just to the right of the titles. If I click the group button I have 9 different groups. Now if you look at my original attached image under Sticket Sheets you will see one called "Baubles" When I click on baubles I only get one stick at a time. But I want to spray the Baubles, so i cant find them in the list to spray them.

But if I click the Settings button it open as new window for settings as you gave me the image for it. Now if in the setting window and click the button you told me too, I can see the 9 groups as i mentioned before. If i hover over the groups I can see all the 274 presets listed under the 9 groups. I can then click on the baubles and it the setting window the sheet button now shows the button you told me to click shows baubles now and it sprays them fine.

So my dumb question is how do i select the groups and subgroups so I dont have to keep entering the settings window to select what preset I want to spray?

I will attempt to make a video and post a link to it shortly but I hope you understand now what i mean. I did read the links you gave me but I really dont understand which could be my medical drugs still goofing up my mind.

Thanks in advance
    Fred
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artrage sticker2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	52896  

My question in a youtube vid

Hello,

Here is my question in posted on youtube, I hope it will make more sense then my last message. Since I can't post a link on this site for some reason simply go to youtube and paste watch?v=fIfy2t7OQ78 after the web address for youtube.

watch?v=fIfy2t7OQ78

Thanks in Advance
    Fred

Hi Grendor,

I just watched your video (Here's the direct link for anyone else who may be interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIfy2t7OQ78). The dots you see near the preset names are there as a visual indication, meaning they were default presets that came with the ArtRage Program. So if you were to create your own Preset, you wouldn't see a dot near them (they also won't be found in the same folders as user created .prs files). As for selecting the Sticker Sheet, I'm afraid the way I previously explained it, which is the method you used in your video, is the only way to select a Sticker Sheet for use with the Sticker Spray. Of course, if you plan to use the Baubles Sticker Sheet with that preset often, you could always create a preset of your own for it. Then you wouldn't have to keep selecting the Sticker Sheet to go along with it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply and all the help.
    I used to be good at using artrage but have not used in awhile.

Anyways thanks again for taking the time to help.
    Have a great day/night.
    Fred