ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending a Painting to Dropbox

Sending a Painting to Dropbox

I did find a way to send a painting / drawing to Dropbox. It's not direct howver only a few steps.

First: Have Dropbox www.dropbox.com (client on desktop and installed on the iPad).

1. At the main ArtRage screen use the "send picture to Photo Library" feature.
    2. Open the DopBox app and use its upload photo from library feature (http://www.dropbox.com/help/84)

That's it. I was able to see the painting on my desktop in .jpg format in the local Dropbox folder.

Nice way to get a completed painting off the iPad.

That is is very handy. I've also been e-mailing directly to my blog. Instant publishing straight from ArtRage.

I wish there was a way to get the PTG file into Dropbox as I rarely sync my iPad. That would be cool.

I have iTunes set to not sync automatically. That way I can copy a PTG directly to my computer without the ensuing chaos caused by a system sync. Apple needs to do something to give the user more control over syncing their iPad. Every time I let it sync I get music, iBooks and apps disappear from my iPad. I can't fathom why Apple has iTunes syncing set up that way.

Nartist, Have you clicked around while doing a system sync in iTunes. I've been able to set up only the music, photos, and books that I want to sync? I'm not sure if you're on a Mac or PC, but there are some preference settings you could probably check into. What can cause an issue is if you delete a book say out of iBooks it wont go back on during a sync unless you re-import it.

I DO agree that it's not anywhere near perfect. Hopefully with every iOS upgrade it will get better. There are a couple of other apps that do syncs but I've found them just as problematic as iTunes.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

I have a PC. The iPad is the first Mac product I've ever owned. Well, I looked at all of the preferences provided, I think. That's where I checked the box telling it not to sync, automatically. I might have had the files disappear after stopping syncs in progress, though I don't understand the system. If apple doesn't give users a way to work around iTunes, they are going to get left behind, of that I'm sure. No one I've ever heard from has anything but loathing for iTunes.

Okay, I figured out what my iTunes problem was. Aborting syncs can have consequences, apparently.

When I was going to install dropbox on my pc, my security system advised me not to install it (now the computer is telling me what to do?) . Any one know what that's all about?

OMG YES Aborting sync is BAD. You might want to look into JuicePhone or better Phone Disk http://www.macroplant.com/phonedisk/

If you abort. Quit itunes. Do a total reboot of iPad then restart the iPad and sync again. I leared it the hard way.

And QuickDraw, sorry I am dumb about pcs, always been a Mac user and LOVE DropBox.... Love it.
    Last edited by suziQ54241; 02-18-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

Wow, It works, Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by nartist View Post
    I have iTunes set to not sync automatically. That way I can copy a PTG directly to my computer without the ensuing chaos caused by a system sync. Apple needs to do something to give the user more control over syncing their iPad. Every time I let it sync I get music, iBooks and apps disappear from my iPad. I can't fathom why Apple has iTunes syncing set up that way.
    I don't understand this...how does not syncing stop this? How are you losing things from the iPad. I agree, movement off and on the iPad is my biggest complaint.