ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sick lady painting - Copy from A. Mancini

A sick lady painting - Copy from A. Mancini

I discovered this stunning, but really great, though mentally disturbed painter: Antonio Mancini born in Rome in the XIX century, and dead in Rome as well in the XX after being in Paris and elsewhere.
    He followed academic painting studies, but his lucky illness made him capable of amazing paintings and he could use two or three styles he could emulate on the same painting such as the one of Sargent who, among other great painters, met him and became his friend and was impressed by him.
    Here some information on him:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/04/ar...gn/04manc.html

http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&so...f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Here's my attempt of copy (censored version, uncensored in the After 9).

I hope You like it even it's pretty hard to get a good enough impasto effect reproduction ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ManciniCopyCensored.jpg 
Views:	931 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	52829  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wow Caesar, excellent work. Your after 9 version is also primo. And thanks for the introduction to Mancini. Now I have to explore his stuff. Great find.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

This is brilliant Cesare. I love the brushstrokes, its an awesome painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank You, dear Byron!
    In my After 9 replies I also treated some technical issue I met trying to get good color tones and hues and spontaneous strokes (looking at least) with only the two custom brushes types in the oil settings.

Yes, dear Sandra, I'm especially awesome just after waking up and before I manage to comb my hair! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I'm appreciating the use of essential canvas as bas for both oil paintings and drawings, since it also help to harmonize colors and textures. For most brilliant colors though, some areas should perhaps be painted pure white and I didn't proceed so in here ...

Thank you for the intro to Mancini! This is stunning! Like coops, I love the brushwork.

Thank you, dear MacPix! Sooner or later I should try my brushstrokes on thick painting too ...

Caesar, this is a beautiful copy, you did a fine job, Mancini would be proud

Let me guess, this is another spaghetti western. . .

But hello. . . hasn't there been a slight mix up in casting? Remake of High Noon? That's a right efficient looking sheriff though. Why the heck not. This ain't Pay-Per-View. Roll film and pass the Chianti, amigo.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Great painting after great master...love her expression and brushstrokes are very impressive also. Good for Louvre Caesar.