ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: He Should Have Listened

He Should Have Listened

As the wagon train once again started on their trek westward, they left behind the grave of a member of
    their train.
    Despite several warnings from the Wagon Master, Floyd Purcell had refused to comply with
    one of the most important rules of the Wagon Train. Finally, he was arrested, then tried and
    convicted by a jury of Wagon Train members. With no trees available for hanging, a firing squad was selected
    by drawing lots, and Mr. Purcell was executed.
    There is a lesson to be learned here.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Lesson.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	52786  
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Amen! I guess he was there all alone. Very neat and well textured image.
    Maybe they could have just left him out of the trail without the gun and he would have probably faced the same fate, with some bullets, time and perhaps remorse spared ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Haha too funny Mike-and too scary when you think about what is going on-on our roads today.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Amen! I guess he was there all alone. Very neat and well textured image.
    Maybe they could have just left him out of the trail without the gun and he would have probably faced the same fate, with some bullets, time and perhaps remorse spared ...
    Many thanks Caesar. Much appreciated.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Haha too funny Mike-and too scary when you think about what is going on-on our roads today.
    Thank you Sandy...Yes, it was kind of a cute idea, but also a reflection of my personal concern with this issue.
    I've twice had to leave the roadway to avoid a head on with a texter...
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

I agree. It is too serious a subject for me. To place texting above human life is a sad commentary on a spoiled and narcissistic and even sociopathic generation. Also the older folks do it by drinking and driving. Having had a friend and her 4 year old daughter killed by a drunk driver has definitely changed my outlook for life. And I helped to carry that tiny little coffin. What a waste of a life. Her name was Veronica. The most beautiful little blond haired girl with a life full of promise ahead of her and her mother was such a sweet person.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-15-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    I agree. It is too serious a subject for me. To place texting above human life is a sad commentary on a spoiled and narcissistic and even sociopathic generation. Also the older folks do it by drinking and driving. Having had a friend and her 4 year old daughter killed by a drunk driver has definitely changed my outlook for life. And I helped to carry that tiny little coffin. What a waste of a life. Her name was Veronica. The most beautiful little blond haired girl with a life full of promise ahead of her and her mother was such a sweet person.
    What a horrible tragedy... I must admit that in my younger days, I was as guilty as many, at stopping after work, having a few,(or more), then driving home. Luckily, I never had a problem.
    Then, one day, probably 13 years ago, I watched Oprah's show, and she had a program of people who had driven under the influence, and killed people. They were all horrific stories, but the one that hit me, was a 16 year old girl. She had driven under the influence, and killed her boyfriend. Listening to her struggle to tell what living with that guilt was like was just heart wrenching. Listening to her tell what it was like to have to face his parents and siblings after she killed him...just ripped my heart into.
    I decided right then and there, that never,ever would I again drive after having even a taste of alcohol, and I never will. Human life is too important to have it thrown away because someone is more concerned about their own personal preferences.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery: