ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new

new

I just purchased Art Rage Studio.I have been lurking here for months enjoying looking at the great art work. Finally able to afford a Wacom tablet and excited to get artrage. My wacom bamboo fun came with Corel essentials, which I find I don't like, because it seems difficult to learn or maybe its just me. Anyhoo I really like my Artrage and find it easier to learn ,already,though I have not done any art yet. I am looking forward to it!

Welcome to the forums Netta!

If you're new to ArtRage in general you might find our tutorials page handy at www.artrage.com/artrage-tutorials.html or the 'Tips and Tricks' section here at the forums. Feel free to let us know if you need help with anything.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Warm welcome and wish you happy time with your Artrage and this forum as well! Good Luck!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Welcome to the friendly Artrage forums
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

welcome. look forward to seeing your paintings.

Thanks

Thank you all, I was wondering how to dowload or add preset tools that I found here in the forums, I think thats what they call it, for instance, I would like some oil paint tools for skin color.

according to the features listed here:

http://www.artrage.com/artrage-studio-features.html

Artrage Studio does have the ability to save presets yes. Those are settings that you save for any of the tools. However, you are probably talking about saving color sets. You access this from the pop up menu on the color palette. (click on the color window that shows current color)
    You should be able to load a set of colors (using the samples palette) from any set of colors shared in the art supplies section of the forum. A color set will have a .col behind the file name. You can also make a custom color picker set of colors by using a photo or artwork you have on hand and using the custom color picker tool as long as you have paint or photo on the canvas. You access the custom color picker by clicking on the current color in your color palette. You can also save colors you like using your samples palette to add colors and save them (export)which will yield a .col file. More info can be found in the artrage manual pdf.
    You can load a .col file from your samples palette or you can place a .col file in your colors folder inside your resources folder. I have also added a .col file (click to download) here for you to put in your colors folder or load via the samples palette.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skin tones.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	377.4 KB 
ID:	52818  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-16-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Firstly - a warm welcome Netta.
    Here's hoping you get as much out of the software and this wonderful forum as a great many of us do.

Secondly - Many thanks for that super explanation about custom colour palettes , gzairborne. Something I still haven't used yet, but keep meaning to try. It can have a real impact on how we think about and use colour.
    My way is still to cherry pick colours as I think I need them (often based on my memory of real paint - colours like raw umber (for doing tonal under-painting often), alizarin crimson, prussian blue etc) and drop them into the 'colour samples' palette for easy access. The particularly nice thing about that is that each individual colour range stays with the painting file while it's in ptg format - the file format that ArtRage uses.

You should find a lot more suggestions and free resources in the 'tips and tricks' and 'art supplies' sections, Netta. You can lose days of your life digging for the many nuggets of gold in there. Look out particularly for the many offerings from the excellent MisterPaint (Stefano Fiore - who has established his own dediacated Italian language site and magazine for ArtRage) and wonderful explanations of all sorts about AR usage (to match gzairborne's above) from Someonesane (Gaeton Laprade). I've picked out two prominent contributors but there are loads of similarly outstanding folk equally worthy of mention, but too numerous to mention - apologies to them for not taking the time to do so at this point. You will meet them all if you spend some time here.

Enjoy.
    Cheers,
    Nick
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Welcome.. You will find this is a very helpful community. By all means check out the tips and tricks forum. A wealth of information for you.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Welcome netta! I´m sure it won´t be long before you have a few paintings to share with us. ArtRage truly is amazing for its ease of use right from the start. Sure there´s lots to learn, but you can open it up and just get painting. Looking forward to seeing your work!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.