ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First post

Gallery
    View images

First post

Hi everybody !

I have my Wacom ArtPad II for years but never used it a lot.
    I love pen drawings, but never found a software to my likes, until I found out about ArtRage.

I did not draw very much for 30 years or so, but decided to start again. Progresses will be slow, I know, and that's why I come here for cheers and advices.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Old

Gallery
    View images
    IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GOT GOOD BASIC SKILLS, WAIT TO SEE MORE FROM YOU,

BEFORE I USED ARTRAGE I HAD NOT DRAWN FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS

WELCOME

Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome Oldlink, I like your style, and as you have been away from drawing on paper for along time. Look forward to more work to come.
    Joules

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome!

Not much to say about the drawing, this being in the crit section.

Since most of your information is about yourself, I would address that by saying enjoy the ride

Art is one of those skills that is perfect for later in life. It's harder in music, I would guess. One can listen to music and be put off by lack of polish. And if you are playing with others, you have to posess a modicum of skill.

Conversely, art is much more solo. As such it's more free and encouraging. What is more, quirks can become more a hallmark of your artistry.

Your drawing is a tenative step forward.

My humble opinion - go for the big picture, and the needs and successes will reveal themselves.

I would suggest you just start thinking in terms of picture making, and the details will fall into place in support of the picture. So I would suggest ignoring details until you have a reason for doing them. Otherwise you could get stuck in the mechanics and lose the joy of your expression.

Again, welcome.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you all for your welcome.

Enchanter, Joules, thanks for your encouragement.

D Akey, thanks for your kind words. Faces drawing was my favorite when I was younger. I quite lost it, that's why I started again by the eye that I've always found the most difficult.

I'll post more work here and there as time goes by.

Thanks!
    Old

Gallery
    View images
    Looks to me like the eyebrow is on backwards. Did you look at a resource photo. Usually the curvy stuff is at the corner of the eye nearest the nose and the more angular corner is near the ear. But cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

wacom pad.

I have had one of those pads for quite some time. Haven't really used it. Now I have a newer computer with mostly USB ports. Have to figure how to hook it up to this computer. I have been using the mouse to do any work on ArtRage.

Gallery
    View images
    Bobbi,

I use a USB to RS232 converter. It's mostly a cable that you plug into your USB port, and at the end of the cable, you can connect your Artpad II.

Hope you enjoy.

And Hello to the group.
    Old