ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Uploading pictures to the forum directly from ipad

Uploading pictures to the forum directly from ipad

This can be done.

If you have the iCab Mobile browser for your iPad (which I recommend, it's infinitely better than safari) you can do it directly..

Go to manage attachments on the forum post you want to make.
    Select a file from your computer and iCab allows you to pick a file from your photos in your iPad. Select the image you want to attach.
    Now, if you click upload, it still thinks it needs a URL, so type something random in the URL field and click upload.

The URL will now fail (obviously) BUT the image from your photos on your iPad will successfully attach.
    [EDIT] .. now close the tab manually, the close button won't do it. You'll see your attachment now present in the first tab - if you refresh it!

If you don't have the iCab broswer you can do it in a roundabout way by using Dropbox. Upload your picture to your Dropbox public folder. Copy the link and open that link in any browser. (it actually redirects to the real file). Now copy THAT redirected URL (it will be the URL to the jpg now) and paste that into the URL field in the attachments screen on the forum and hit upload.

Obviously, check out iCab if you want a direct way to do it
    Last edited by beridane; 02-10-2011 at 10:21 AM.

I have just downloaded Icab, I can't get to type in any of the reply boxes, the keyboard won't show up, am I doing something wrong. I like the interface just not doing what I want to do and thats reply in threads.

I am replying to your post on my main computer.

Are you logged into the forum ok in iCab??

Yes I have been able to log on through Icad, I have sorted the problem of not being able to type, there was a section in the help file to enable safari ipad to the list. I still can't get the upload on here, I do everything you have posted upto managing the attachment, the photo loads but I can't close the manage attachment window to go back to post the reply.

Hi,

Just close the tab manually, you'll see that the upload is now attached and present in your forum post in the first tab. (sorry I forgot to mention that).

Hmmm.. odd, I can use the forum fine whether I choose to ID the browser as ipad safari, or mac safari or any of the others I've tried.. It's worth bearing in mind that you can use that setting to your advantage for viewing web pages as if you were using your desktop.

I did try to close the second tab but it wasn't showing in the reply part, I know its something I am doing wrong. I will just keep trying different things.

I am going to be away from my main computer for a few days so being able to upload would be great. I do like Icab its a much better browser then Safari, it has similar features to firefox on my main machine.

No no, it's my partial explanation, sorry.... I really should think before writing...

You're doing everything right... the attachment is there... it's just you won't physically see that it's there unless you refresh the page manually.

So to recap...

Add your file from your photos in the manage attachments tab.
    Add a fake URL..just a letter 'a' will suffice.
    Hit the upload button.
    It reports that the URL failed but the album picture succeeds.
    Close the tab.
    Refresh the main tab...just to see that your attachment is present.

Also iCab has some amazing features.. like Dropbox integration... a 3 finger tap brings up a scroll window so you can scroll through an entire webpage in one swipe, you can download YouTube videos.. manage downloaded files...
    If you don't have it already also get yourself a free Dropbox account and download the Dropbox app for your iPad (also free).

I've had it for a couple of months now and it's the only browser I use.

[QUOTE=beridane;338478]Are you logged into the forum ok in iCab??
    ebelow.com/ipad-2-accessories-ipad-2-accessory-ipad2-accessories.html

I have just downloaded Icab, I can't get to type in any of the reply boxes, the keyboard won't show up, am I doing something wrong. I like the interface just not doing what I want to do and thats reply in threads.

I do have this working now, it does take a few goes to upload but it works.
    Christine.

(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/