ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Multitouch questions not answere by search function

Multitouch questions not answere by search function

Hi,
    I'm thinking about getting the ep121, and so am interested in multitouch functionality with artrage. Used the search function here but still had a question.

It seems that artrage uses multitouch but not simultaneous gestures. What does this really mean? Can I zoom, but then I have to stop if I want to pan? Rather than doing both simultaneously? But I can still do each function one by one? That's not too shabby if it's true.

If that's true, you guys are also working on a patch to improve this, right?

ArtRage does support simultaneous gestures (which as you figured allows you to do things like zoom and pan at the same time), but there are problems on some devices where drivers for the tablet system interact oddly with drivers for the touch system and the current version of ArtRage may have issues with it while we work on a new system to handle it differently.

Unfortunately we haven't tested with that hardware specifically so I'm not able to say for sure what the current working state of the system is with it. In general, on devices that have tablet and touch, the tablet system will work fine but there may be some gesture problems for touch. The ability to process simultaneous gestures can be turned off if they cause a problem.

Sorry I couldn't give more specifics at this point.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Eh, that was still rather useful. Sounds like a bit of a crap shoot, but that it still can be an option. Nice to hear there's atleast some potential compatibility.

Also, the reason I was curious is because Artrage is being shipped onboard with this machine. That would seem to imply it might be functional with finger touch gestures as well as the pen.

I'll have to find a new owner and ask them.

Ah, I knew I remembered that number from somewhere! We don't have a release unit at this point (they were in high demand) but we did have a prototype. Unfortunately the prototype unit doesn't have the current drivers (and can't install them) so we can't test with a live unit at this point. If there are problems with the system, they may be solved by our current internal build and the changes we've made to Multitouch. I'll update when I know more details.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.