ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sticker Spray Presets with Loading/Falloff Workaround.

Sticker Spray Presets with Loading/Falloff Workaround.

I like the idea of some sort of loading/falloff setting for the sticker spray. ArtRage doesn’t have such a setting (at least not yet anyway), so I tried to simulate it using spray variation.

I tried linking the Alpha to Sequence, the idea being that as the stroke ran through the sequence of images, the opacity would gradually decrease, resulting in a stroke that gradually becomes transparent.

One limitation of this is that the Sequence eventually resets, so with a long continuous stroke, the stroke will begin again at some point.

By adjusting the percentage of the Alpha/Sequence setting, the length of the ‘falloff’ can be adjusted. The example below shows the setting at -7%, -15% and -21%.

Hopefully the developers will add proper falling/loading for sticker spray, but this might be helpful as a workaround for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fade Rake Brush Settings.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	52594  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried taking this further by applying Alpha and Rotation to the Sequence in this wispy brush.

This can be extended onto other settings to influence scale and various color related properties.

Hope you like the stickers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wispy Brush Settings.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	52598  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you!

I had been working on just this problem... I love having your screen shots to work from. I have many sticker sprays to which I can apply your recipe. Cool.