ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction and a couple of ink works

Introduction and a couple of ink works

Hello

Thought it would be fun to showcase a couple of my works, and hang out here more in general since some of the stuff I've seen here is unbelievable. I have to say I really came into full consciousness of the capabilities of ArtRage when I saw the spotlights gallery. You guys have done amazing job, both the creators and users of AR.

I'm a 23-year-old self-taught amateur artist. I use AR mostly for sketching and inking. I hope that some day I learn to use it for coloring, but for the moment, Paint Shop Pro serves my needs better. ArtRage 2.5 was one of the programs shipped with my Wacom Bamboo Fun -tablet. Later I upgraded it to AR 3 SP, which pretty much sealed the fact that AR had become a permanent part of my arsenal.

Since most of my works contain a female subject with a some degree of eroticism, most of my works are out of scope as adult material is not allowed in the forum. But I hope no one gets offended by these. Critique is always welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Really nice works! Hope to see more!

These are beautiful sketches, Screen, and I am certainly looking forward to seeing more of your work

Welcome to AR and to the forums! Donīt worry about adult/erotic material. You can post it in the "AfterNine" section with no problem.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I love this style in the drawing

Big breasts and armor. . . seems like it describes so many women in my town as well. I am not offended in the least. In fact I found myself chuckling in appreciation as I wandered your pictures.

As to a quick crit, I would suggest that you might want to consider the values you employ in your pics and how the use of them might create more depth for you. For example, that hand on the right could create more depth and become more of a story point if it were darker and more prominent. Working with pencil is fine, but if the overall tone is a very light gray, it makes it challenging to know where you are placing your emphasis because the range is so narrow.

I can see you have a lot going for you. You are detail oriented and as such you will perhaps consider compositional devices where they are grouped in ways that create a hierarchy for the eye to be led around. You're pretty close though! And I can see that once you get a handle on that you will be formidable. You think your paintings/drawings through which can be very satisfying to a fantasy artist's audience cause we're dependent on you to tell us what we're seeing in your world. They're pretty ladies. Never a bad thing for an audience, is it. Haha.

Nice work!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey: Thanks for the reply. I totally agree with what you said about the hierarchy. Usually all the focus, both from me and my audience, goes to the colored version, so my ink works represent kind of an intermediate stage. If I know I won't publish the ink, then I won't do the shading either. The fact of the matter is that they still look better with than without the shading. But yeah, the ink on the right is a little bit difficult to look at, even for me.

Love your drawing style, especially on the second image. Looking forward to seeing more! Welcome!

I think great drawings.

Great comics drawing talent! Welcome and thanks for sharing!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!