ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New with questions

New with questions

Hello all, I found this site while browsing for a good drawing program. This one seems to have everything I might need. However I am not sure which version to get. I should note that I am completely new to drawing on a computer. I also recently purchased a Wacom Bamboo Pen drawing tablet but the programs it came with did not work for me. I am mainly interested in just drawing at the moment and need to work on my skills. So if anyone can help me pick out a program to use that would be awesome.

ArtRage Studio Pro is my personal favorite of the three versions, but I started out with ArtRage 2.6.

You'd probably be happy with ArtRage 2.6, if you're just doing simple drawing and sketching. It's easy to use, which means you shouldn't have to much trouble getting right to it, once you install it. Then, when you feel the time is right to expand on what you can do, you can upgrade to AR studio or AR Studio Pro. If you haven't looked over what each variation of the program offers, there is a comparison chart you can check out here (Note: it's a PDF file): LINK.

Before deciding, you may want to try the free Starter Edition of the program (which is a limited version of 2.6), and/or the AR studio Demo version, by getting some hands on experience with them. Both can be downloaded from the downloads page, here: LINK.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Ya that what version I thought I should get. I was mainly torn between AR 2 and AR Pro. I have looked at the version comparison chart though and I may en up getting the demo version first to see what I can do with it. Any other advice would be more than helpful