ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cursor mess.

Cursor mess.

Tablet: Volito 2 (yes its old)

Application: Artrage 3

I'm having a problem with my tablet cursor on Artrage. The cursor sticks to the top left corner of the screen. If I follow the edges of square on my tablet the cursor only covers a small square in the top left corner.

I'v tried re-installing the tablet driver and Artrage, but no luck.
    I'v also tried turning on precise drawing ting in input device, which kind of worked, I was able to draw all over but the cursor still stuck to the top left when drawing. So I didn't know where I was putting pen to. . . tablet.

Getting a little bit annoyed, please help.
    Last edited by Night_ninja; 02-03-2011 at 05:45 AM.

As this sounds like a tablet mapping problem, I'd recommend the following steps to make absolutely sure you have the latest driver and no bad custom settings:

1/ Download the latest tablet software from www.wacom.com
    2/ Uninstall your current tablet software via the control panel, including removing any custom profiles and settings if prompted
    3/ Fully restart your computer ( important )
    4/ Install the latest driver version you downloaded.

The settings for ArtRage work by default with Wacom tablets including the Volito 2. However, you should also have the latest version of ArtRage ( 3.0.8 ). If you have an older version ( Help -> About ArtRage ), please email me at support@artrage.com and I'll be happy to help make sure you have the latest update. We're having a problem with our Member Area at the moment, but I can provide an alternative for you so that you can download.

If that still doesn't help, I can do some further troubleshooting with you to find out what could be different about your configuration which might be causing this. When you email me, please let me know:

1/ Make and model of your computer
    2/ Whether you have any other input devices attached other than just your mouse and tablet
    3/ Whether you see the tablet mapping problem in any other art applications and what those applications are ( useful to know as different software uses different input standards which may narrow down the cause )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design