ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: line ending pause

line ending pause

Hi, I recently bought ArtRage 3 Studio Pro after trying the demo and being impressed how natural it is to use, but I keep getting an odd glitch.

When I load a file alls well, but after a while I get a little pause after a stroke finishes then the cursor jumps to where it should be.

If I wait till after that pause the next line draws fine, but if I make rapid strokes it's like I can see the cursor jump a little closer to where it should be with each stroke and only when it reaches the right place does it make a new line (meaning I only get about 1 line out of 5 when hatching)

If I save and load again it's back to working normaly, also making and deleting new layers sometimes seems to snap it out of it. Just waiting however doesn't, I went and made a cup of tea came back and it was still doing it.

I'm running it in Windows Vista Home 64 bit and using a Cintiq 12WX, however I've noticed the same effect on the old Fujitsu Siemens stylistic I use for portable sketching.

It's not lag exactly as while I'm making a stroke the line keeps up perfectly and if I keep the pen down I can make a single long back and forth line no problem.

I've tried playing with the options in the Input Device section but no combo has yet stopped it.

Anyone else get this? Know how to fix it?

When you see the problem, could I get you to press F5 to toggle the lighting off, then press it again? After turning the lighting off then on, does the behavior go away for a time?

Also, do you notice this problem occur after you've hidden / shown a layer in the layer panel specifically?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for the fast response

Yes, toggling the lighting either on or off stops the problem and hiding/unhiding a layer sets it off.

I think it may previously have started doing it without me touching the layers.. but I can't be sure of that.

Thanks for that. We've identified a bug in the current release version ( fixed internally and should be in the next update which should correct that problem ) which would cause that. If you do notice it happening without showing / hiding layers, let me know and I'll see what I can find here.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design