ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bug in page settings in Demo version?

Unhappy Bug in page settings in Demo version?

Hi Folks,

I am testing the demo version on a Mac. I have purchased a used Wacom tablet. If the two work well together I'll be buying Studio Pro.

I've noticed that when I set up a canvas using pixels or centimeters, creating a canvas that is taller than it is wide (for example: 2000 H x 1200 W) - after leaving the dialog box, the canvas orientation appears to be the same, still wider than it is tall! And I can't see the current size recorded or displayed anywhere.

Is this a bug or something I'm missing.

Are there any restrictions on canvas size? I want to work on poster size images ...

-nick

I've never tried the trial version for AR Studio, but I do know that the demo only allows for a certain size of canvas, so it's possible that it's just keeping you in it's limited size ratio. Although, from what you've explained, I want to say that it might also relate to the "Preserve Aspect Ratio" tab. This would only happen if you were changing the size of the canvas area, or resizing the image, because the Preserve Aspect Ratio button doesn't appear when creating a New Painting, by using File > New Painting. So the first question, in this case, would be whether you had chosen to create a new painting, or whether you had decided to just change the size of the canvas independently (using Edit > Resize the Painting, or by using Edit > Crop/Expand The Canvas). Then, it would be a question of whether you had unchecked the Preserve Aspect Ratio option (see screen shot), because it's always set to on, by default.

Name:  preserveaspect.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  34.1 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for the reply ...

I think it is a limitation of the demo. On my little 13" it kept reverting back to the screen res. I checked this by going into the resize tool.

If I set up a canvas that was taller than it was wide, but still below the screen resolution in pixels, it did keep its aspect ratio.

Thanks again,

Nick

This could relate to the demo size limit, but we'll check in to it and see what we can see.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The demo size is limited to 1280 x 1024 pixels. However, if you download the Artrage 2.6 Starter Edition from the demo page at www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html , while it doesn't have all of the features of Studio Pro, you can use to take a look at what sort of size you can work with as there is no specific size limit in the 2.6 Starter Edition.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks, Matt and Dave,

I purchased and installed 3 Studio yersterday.

Do you know if the 2.6 Starter edition and the 3 Studio edition kan co-exist on the same machine (Mac)?

-nick

No problem, both of them can exist on the same machine. They install as separate applications so don't interfere with each other. If you want to remove the Starter Edition at any point, drag the ArtRage 2.6 application from your Applications folder to the Trash.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Many thanks.

-Nick

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    The demo size is limited to 1280 x 1024 pixels. However, if you download the Artrage 2.6 Starter Edition from the demo page, while it doesn't have all of the features of Studio Pro, you can use to take a look at what sort of size you can work with as there is no specific size limit in the 2.6 Starter Edition.

Is this mentioned anywhere on the download page? All I could find were claims that it had the "full feature set," plus the ambiguous "limited ability to add user resources and allows limited image export," which didn't convey this specific restriction to me. I beat my head against this problem for a while before I discovered this thread. Are there any other limitations hidden in the demo?

The reference to resource limits means that you are unable to create more than a few new user resources, this allows you to try creating your own presets and stickers, but prevents full use of the product beyond demonstration. The demo prevents images above 1280 x 1024, and watermarks images saved using it. Other than that, I don't recall any other limitations that were applied.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.