ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Convair XB-53B

Convair XB-53B

I been playing around ArtRage for a while and I thought I might give painting a try. It might not turn out as great as I hope it would be, because I'm not a real life painter. This is what I got so far.

It's a fantasy depiction of what the Convair XB-53B medium bomber would look like. However, this variant of the aircraft never existed, although the XB-53A does, but it's been scrapped over 60 years ago.

I'm using the Pro version and I hope I get some great tips from all of you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XB-53B.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	52343  

I've only ever seen 3 views of this aircraft. It was a very advanced design for it's day with its forward swept wings. You're off to a good start.

Thanks, felixdk! I just need tips on how to make the aircraft pretty realistic, because I'm a novice painter on ArtRage. Also, the Pro version is really helpful for creating this.

Artist,

Here's a link to a WIP video of the painting that might help you : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28DY5beC5nQ I try to put one of these together for any digital painting that I do. It's simple to save images of your work at every stage and then combine them into a slide show with one of the free movie editors available.

You should also consider joining our aviation art forum/hangout called Cat2 here: http://felixdk.websitetoolbox.com/ There are really talented artists there who are more than happy to help out. There are lots of tips in the threads also.

Don