ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February is Almost Here

February is Almost Here

Nearing February Abstractly

Just popping in to say hello - and hope the first 1/12 of 2011 has treated everyone well. Some thoughts on my mind as the month ends and February begins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nearing February Abstractly-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	52306  
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Your beautiful painting reminds me of my February blooming Camelia Byron. I have it shaped into a small decorative tree and it is a stunner. My neighbors have asked me what kind of tree it is, and I laugh and say-it is a Camelia bush. It is always nice to drive down the drive and see these blooms in this time of year especially. Nice to see you and your wonderful abstracts again.

Byron, another interesting effort! Try popping in a bit more often.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

What a cool image. Very Spring-like in a tinkering in the think tank sort of way. I find myself roaming from segment to assembly with a sense that this is like one of those numbers that have been calculated with a division sort of ending like 6724.333333333333333... but not as an end in itself, but then taking those digits as shapes as a 6, a 7, a 2, a 4, and a bunch of 3s, and assembling them in the context of Art. There were a lot of graphic designers who would use numbers and letters as graphic elements. By its nature of having been used to mean things specifically, the presence of it without specific meanings infers that world.

In your picture, the elements look like the building blocks and it all infers a world. And to me I got hit by the impression of Spring.

It's like a perpetual motion machine, not unlike the Earth with its seasons. You have the Earth as the 'thing' and the element of repetition with the same but different feel, through the use of geometric shapes (linear bits) with colors that sit up around the same place in intensity like using building blocks or tinker toys to create the universe.

You seem very healthy and renewed as well my friend. Your lovely wife should be pleased. A very good job on this one. I like the variety in how you assembled the bits.

(Edit: I just now see that as a head with all kinds of things going on inside, exploding with creativity and speaking things into existence.)
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Full of life as your paintings always are. Great. I second Scotts wish. You're definitely missed Byron.

Hi, dear Byron! Your style evolves and make experiments, but always keeps its joyfully gorgeous character, as if You were able to see anything with the direct, simple and deep intuition of a child grasping the essence of its experiences ... Great!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you everyone. Particularly thank you for all the warm "welcome backs".

D Akey, it's a particular pleasure to read one of your magical reviews applied to one of my paintings after a long absence. I particularly like this one - you bring captivating insights that make it hard to not smile with recognition and particular appreciation. You see so well. Thanks a bunch. And yes, Rosy is was quite pleased - she insisted I post - and even more she's pleased with your "lovely" comment directed in her lovely direction. Meanwhile, not bad on the head.

Cesar - thanks old friend - an uplifting thought and much appreciated.

Belvrog, Scott, Sandy - thanks for the truly warm and welcomed thoughts.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 02-08-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: splleing
    //

interesting use of palette...
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Waheed, thanks a bunch. Much appreciated.
    //

to me it says, " I have got to have more time to make art, there is so much in my mind to express, what I need is an image generator where I feed elements and ideas and the images are produced without imposing on my time. thus I have created my Byronosphere. "
    you mad scientist.