ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sci-fi Illustration

Sci-fi Illustration

I just purchased AR and love it. My only previous experience with digital art has been with The Gimp so I have a basic concept of using layers. Aside from that this is a completely new experience for me. I am learn all the way through this. Trial and error so to speak. Any way I wanted to share what I have done with my new found joy.
    Last edited by J Witt; 02-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.

I'd say you're going to be right at home around here. Welcome!

That is cool ,yes coming along nicely.
    www.richarddaborn.com

My sci-fi art and photos site. Glick 'gallery'

Thank you all for the warm welcome. This is very much so turning out to be an experimental piece. the more I move along in the program the more stuff I find I can do. So up to this point here I am.
    Last edited by J Witt; 02-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Welcome to the forums.....
    Very nice work....have you seen the tutorials? Chrome may give you an idea or two for those exhaust pipes. Just an idea....can't wait to see the finished painting.

Well this was quite the learning experience. I start with this going one direction and as I learned more about the program I began going different directions. There is no real harmony in this painting but as I get further along in my understanding of AR things will begin to come together for me I'm sure.

AR is so easy to use in the beginning and every thing flows in a natural way but once I stated learning about all the different settings and tools it became clear that mastering AR would take some time to do. Don't let me even get started about Stickers! Man!

So for now I am going to call this finished. I am not completely satisfied with the out come but considering how much I learned doing this I still consider it a success.
    Last edited by J Witt; 02-13-2011 at 09:56 AM.

hi

its sexy but colors not beuty. you need red and orange .

Given the level of inking and coloring skills displayed here, I think we have another illustrator!

hi
    its sexy but colors not beuty. you need red and orange .
    I agree. I don't know why I chose the colors I did. I should have done a bit more planing for this but I was in hurry to dive into AR and get my hands dirty.

Given the level of inking and coloring skills displayed here, I think we have another illustrator!
    Thanks Doc, much appreciated.

you look like a professional artist to me. To begin with that drawing was just phenomenal! I think it's fantastic!