ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Layers improvements

Layers improvements

First off .. i'm hot about these improvements because i'm really hot about this product! I run a sketching group in Northern Virginia and I already have a bad "geek" rep .. cause i won't stop showing people how to use their iphone, ipad as a drawing aid.. anything from photo references to photo filtering for color studies .. i even use the "grid" in a crop tool to show the whole grid copy technique. ... I'm turning this group from a drawing/sketching group into a geeky digit-art group, one cool idea at a time.

So Artrage is so cool to me that i'm thinking about leaving my artbag home when I go to these meetings.

ok ok .. onto the topic of layers:

• layer opacity - make that a draging scale rather than a popup entry box. I'm patient .. i'll wait for the ipad to catch up .. i need that precision
    • turn a layer into a mask/stencil .. still getting the lingo. Also, allow for "inversing" the stencil selection.
    • Moving layers up and down .. i know this may be a challenge .. but if it can be made invisible, can't it be moved? Maybe it can now and I'm just not seeing it... I've had this tool for 2 days and spent about 12 hours on it.
    Side note .. I think your smoothness and precision in the linear tools is amazing! I'm really zooming in for some detail work and its working like a champ.

Just a quick note on the opacity indicator: Tap and drag on it (up and down) and it acts like a slider. Layers can also be moved up and down, tap and drag on the layer thumbnail in the stack and it will allow you to reposition it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by Passingremark View Post
    First off ..

• layer opacity - make that a draging scale rather than a popup entry box. I'm patient .. i'll wait for the ipad to catch up .. i need that precision
    • turn a layer into a mask/stencil .. still getting the lingo. Also, allow for "inversing" the stencil selection.
    • Moving layers up and down .. i know this may be a challenge .. but if it can be made invisible, can't it be moved? Maybe it can now and I'm just not seeing it... I've had this tool for 2 days and spent about 12 hours on it.
    Side note .. I think your smoothness and precision in the linear tools is amazing! I'm really zooming in for some detail work and its working like a champ.
    This is similar to an improvement I would like...I think. I want to be able to make the canvas itself transparent so that everything is alpha except for my painting. So far, when I have emailed paintings or saved them, there is always a background canvas that I have to take to GIMP to remove. Maybe I have just not figured out how to do this.