ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doggie in the window

Doggie in the window

This is a challenge from WetCanvas this past weekend. I combined the doggie pic with one of a wicker chair on a deck. Impressionism on canvas, one layer, w.c. & acrylics.
    The first image is at the 2 Hr mark, The Second is after an addl. 3 hrs work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doggie, Window, Chair - L Skylar Brown.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	52248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doggie, Window, Chair (FIN).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	476.6 KB 
ID:	52249  
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

You certainly have gone in for the small details Skylar. that looks like you are in for a challenge with the details and you may not be finished yet. I usually think of impressionism as exhibiting an impression or illusion of detail where none exists, but you can definitely see the increase in visual payoff with the added time you put in on this one.

Did they intend for folks to use natural medium or are they encouraging digital to participate in the challenge as well? You mentioned acrylic and watercolor is why I ask.

It's looking good and I especially like the lighting.

G Z - In that forum at WetCanvas, I state that it is digital in the style of w.c & Acrylics. Here, since it is ALL digital, there's no need to say that. They receive me quite well, as I have been participating for a while, now. They are always amazed that they are looking at Digital, not the real thing.

I had that same experience recently where folks were responding to a digital painting as if it were an actual watercolor. I had listed it as watercolor ar3.

Since people didn't know what ar3 was after a few responses, I quickly edited it to say it was done in artrage and explained that it was digital. They were convinced it was natural medium and I think even more would have if I had not come clean with the digital facts. Ya gotta love it when that happens.

Dear Skylar, it's impressive to notice that You perfectly grabbed the essence and a finished look since the first spontaneous and immediate painting and that the second one show improvements all over without losing a fresh look. This clearly speaks of Your master level talents and skills!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gz - It must have to do with how realistically AR can produce the look of the traditional media. More often than not, when I post something clearly marked as digital, I have many who say they didn't believe it, or didn't know Digital could reproduce the look so well.
    My clients don't understand one from the other, and don't care. They just want their commissioned image to look as they expect.
    The biggest resistance I get comes from the art community, itself, where many know nothing about the technology, or think that it is cheating, somehow. If they knew how long it took to get to the point where it looks easy, they might change their collective mind!
    I have stopped defending, or apologizing. In the end, Digital will triumph.

Fantastic as always dear Sky
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Always amazing Skylar and also a huge awwwwww factor in this one too. May I ask what resolution you use?

Being a sucker of dogs...you got me with this one..
    Great job!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Caesar - Thank you so much for your compliments! All I do is what most of us do- try new things looking for growth, and hopefully, perfection.