ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My super girl

My super girl

Hmmmmm....if anyone can teach me how to do this anime stuff....? 5 hours to get a girl that still needs alot of work....

Try, Try, Try again!
    blessings,
    GigiCharm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	super girl.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	52247  

I think it's looking good. I suggest doing the sketches on a sketch book with a pencil and keeping an eraser close by. Unless you are already comfortable sketching digitally. It really gets too time consuming trying to do it digitally without the hours of drawing practice that leads to the ease of drawing anime digitally. Once you get some practice with pencil you will be able to do light sketches digitally on one layer that you can follow as a guide and then later discard the digital pencil sketch layer you used to plan out the drawing.

Okay....fantastic! I will try this activity. Thank you for the suggestion. I have only been attempting this for a little over 2 weeks..before then I had never even looked at a anime or cartoon character for longer than 5 minutes as a study.

I've only been drawing or painting since I got my artrage in August. I am trying so hard....but love every minute.

Blessings,
    GigiCharm

The drawing is nice, dear Gigi, but the only way to catch anime style features in a complete way is to train by copying many of them.
    There are also some tutorials on the web to search. I'm sorry I cannot tell You the site I met because I didn't record them since I don't like particularly japanese manga style in general (perhaps I'm getting a vintage guy I'm afraid ...)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I think this is a great video you will love on making manga eyes.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Dra...-Eyes-29147923

most of this type of manga really gets down to the eyes since noses and lips are just little curved lines and not as important to this style of manga.

I also had at one time tried Gigi, but gave up. I do have an appreciation for the talented folks that make this kind of art. Very cute, I like it!

I seem to recall that Deviant Art had a lot of drawing tutorials, using the manga style. It's so popular that you will no doubt find tons of tutorials, like the one GZ put up, if you look around.

Having said that because of your comment, while I personally think it's good to learn and grow and get to be able to draw the way you want to, there is a quality about this that makes it uniquely yours. That may or may not be popular, but it could become something to develop.

Very fun image. I think the look fits the message of the slogan on the shirt. Were this done by a seasoned artist, and I could see that happening, I would read it to mean that she is emotionally out of balance and were this a character in a story in whatever venue, i would expect her to have a very unique and personal take on the world. An individual, a misfit, somewhat artsy, powering her way through a powder puff world in which her perspective doesn't match what the world is selling. She's got a good heart and is irrepressible. Were she a spaceship, she would regularly find herself flying through asteroids.

I like it a lot.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

gzairborn - Thank you for the support, and the video on eyes...haven't had a chance to look at it. But I will.

Alexandra and Caesar - As always...devotedly yours!

D Akey - I think I agree with you...I have a favorite www.strangeling.com - Jessica Beckett - Griffith (I think alot of names to remember) but she is marvelous...love her work and fairies but I want mine to be my own. Thanks again for such a response. Love it.!

I see, yes. She does not look like Manga to me. But I think of Manga in pretty specific terms. I see an influence, but she made it her own, didn't she.

Anyway, that's the sort of path I can see you traveling based on the drawing you showed here, in your own way of course. Find the joy in it and you're going to go flying.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

oh she is stylish. nice hair... and those eyes.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com