ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick study for Desdemona's death

Quick study for Desdemona's death

Someone asked me ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desdemona study.jpg 
Views:	2181 
Size:	418.6 KB 
ID:	52241  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar who the he'll is desdemona

----E/S

A promising start, Caesar!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Wonderful drawing Caesar, she looks like she is enjoying itI know you have a great sense of humor so could not resist it

This looks its going to be great when you paint it Cesare. Great face for Desdemona, looking good
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Pardon me while I throw my wireless mouse into the trash. . . dumped my whole post as I was about to save it.

All I can say is that you render women well. . . they somehow manage to steal every scene. . . I wonder why. . .

I know you are rather a history buff and scholastic. But I had no idea that even you knew about the cut erotic asphyxia scene from Othello. Fascinating. You may actually be the first to depict it. Bravo! Desdamona is soooooo HOT! Maybe you could have just cut Othello out save for his hand.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You've got it Cesare, you always have. It is great now, but I too look forward to the painted version.

Tremendous job on this Caesar. I'm not familiar with the story, but you have done a magnificent job of painting it...
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Sadly the thinking that caused Desdemona's death is still existent today. A disturbing subject, but the figure is beautifully and artistically drawn and given quite a sensual slant in direct contrast to her being murdered. Can't say I find murder in any way arousing but the delightful woman's figure certainly is hot. Great work on the figure. She's definitely a beauty.

Dear ATPlus, just ask Billie Shaspeare who, notwithstanding the Venetian story location of this subject, should be somewhere close to You, in the island You're confined in ...

Thank You, dear Scott! To get this perspective referencelessly was not a trivial effort, especially without any construction frame, but I think it's a good enough sketch I could start from anyway.

Dear Pat, I know there's people who likes to be choking too in certain intimate situations, so the image can have a sort of fun and satyrical content too. Anyway here the idea under her expression (in perspective to make it more diffcult for me) was that in the very last instant, when she was about to die, her surprise, love and innocence awareness, as well as the intuition that such a sad fate is now beyond anyone power to be changed, leaves her in a sort of almost peaceful and submissive surrender to a deathly languor. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I'll try not to disappoint Your expectations then!

Dear D Akey, Thank You!
    First I fully share Your view on leaving out Othello face portion. I started that way, re-introduced it, but, definitly, either I leave the scene to Desdemona only or I should introduce enough of Othello, his whole face.
    I agree also on the rest of what you say so, even always avoiding any pulp exaggerations or insane levels of morbidity and silly provoking, just like I wouldn't add more and more sauces to make a food taste excellent or just better, I found a sort of dark fascination in depicting the combination of beauty, death, murder, strong passions and miserable divers of the various characters culminating in this key action around which all the story was magnificently built, like for opera! Moreover when a beautiful lady is the protagonist I naturally feel even more motivated.
    In a way I feel Shakespeare to be very Italian too even knowing he never was here and didn't have any direct cultural experience or enough Italian language and literature knowledge.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!