Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watercolor bleed effect

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Thanks SOS and Chuckart for your grains ? texture ? now I just have to figure out how to get them into ARPro

http://www.youtube.com/user/someones.../1/Gfn9NHr6HbA

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Thanks SOS and Chuckart for your grains ? texture ? now I just have to figure out how to get them into ARPro
    I've written a guide here which details loading resources into the various versions of ArtRage.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=18574

Thanks Chuckart for the grains. Thanks Dave for the guide.

Sorry for the late reply. I was on a 4th of July Vacation for the past week. I'm glad the tutorial has been helpful .

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    If you want to throw some G7 my way I wouldn't complain.

Hi Albert, thanks . If I'm not mistaken, the carpet image I attached a few posts up, is the one used in my "G7" preset. I'll double check it later, to make sure, and get back to you.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    I've written a guide here which details loading resources into the various versions of ArtRage.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=18574

Thanks Dave, I'm on my way

This is fantastic, and SS - you are brilliant!
    PS: please add me to the list of those eager to see your tut - I'm pretty sure I'm subscribed to your YouTube list, but would love a reminder just in case its not destined to be there

Rowena, Someonesane's awesomely useful tutorial is already up on Youtube. If you go to his channel, you'll see it there.

Also, I hope the reason he was waiting to post is because there's an Artrage techniques and examples book coming out with examples in it, or some such thing. Seemed like he was waiting for something before he was going to post. I saw that there might be something like that coming out over at Nick Harris' website-- it's posted in his Artrage section as "coming out in 2011". IMO, Someonesane's work and tutorial methodology is easily good enough to be in a book.

Very useful stuff!!

@ gzairborne - As I suspected, the image of the carpet I posted here, is the texture I used in my video. So if you apply it as a grain, you should be set to go.

@ Rowena - As Steve B mentioned, the video I was intending to create is up at youtube now. The link for it is a few posts up, but just so you don't need to go looking for it, here it is again: http://youtu.be/AsgwbHMaqjY

@ Steve B - I'm afraid I don't have any books coming out, unfortunately lol. I only wanted to wait, because I knew ARSP 3.5 was going to have multi-threading, and the new Script feature, which I was hoping to use. I had planned to package a Script for people to watch (instead of a video) along with any Canvases, Texture Grains, and presets I thought might come in handy. I'm still planning on it, I just need to find the time to put it all together.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

In general, this tut has been very very useful for me. However, I'm still trying to apply one technique, and having a bugger of a time getting much of anything to happen. You mention erasing with 0% pressure over a color you've put down with, then putting the next color down on top of it. I've done this, but I don't see any noticeable effect or difference. What should I be accomplishing by doing this? Can you put a pic up that demonstrates the visual shift between the "erased" area and the "non-erased"?

Here is a nice link to Someonesane's YouTube video.

Watercolor method