Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watercolor bleed effect

Okay, here is the tutorial: VIDEO

Sorry it took so long. I really wanted to wait to do it (for reasons I can't really go into detail about), but since I've been asked about it a lot lately, I decided I couldn't really put it off anymore. Hopefully I explained it well enough. Here's the image I used as an example in the video (click for larger version):

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you someonesane. I paint in real media watercolours but have never been able to come to terms with the digital watercolour tool in Artrage, which was a big disappointment because I was so looking forward to the new tool when the latest version came out.

I will study your excellent video to learn the techniques you have shown.

I really appreciate your generosity and thoughtfulness in taking the time to show the way

Nice tut SOS. Imported a couple of textures. Had a play around with canvas and brush settings which gave some weird and wonderful results.
    Last edited by Chuckart; 06-24-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shechat View Post
    Thank you someonesane. I paint in real media watercolours but have never been able to come to terms with the digital watercolour tool in Artrage, which was a big disappointment because I was so looking forward to the new tool when the latest version came out.

I will study your excellent video to learn the techniques you have shown.

I really appreciate your generosity and thoughtfulness in taking the time to show the way
    No problem shechat . I find that it's best to not overwork the paint to much, and to use a high amount of thinners (at least for the style I use). In the video, I used a heavy amount of color, so that it would be clear enough to see, but I tend to just do layers of thinned paint, adding textures where needed, until I get a result I'm happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckart View Post
    Nice tut SOS. Imported a couple of textures. Had a play around with canvas and brush settings which gave some weird and wonderful results.
    Thanks Chuckart . Yeah, it's fun testing out the various styles one can manage, by using different textures. Small changes in the Roughness option of the layer texture, can go a long way in adding different effects to a grain.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thumbs up

SOS, was just watching your excellent tutorial on watercolour, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge re ArtRage it is very much appreciated

amazing watercolor tutorial SOS. You did an amazing and thorough job on this and it was worth waiting for. awesome tutorial that was clear and easy to follow. If you want to throw some G7 my way I wouldn't complain.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 03-14-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Thank you a lot, someonesane, this is a wonderful tut i needed to see. I will now work more often in wc, it just looks so easy and results looks so pretty. Thanks a lot once more.

Texture

You should get some weird and wonderful WC stuff going with these. Just play around with Roughness and Grain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete001.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	57522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	57523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	353.2 KB 
ID:	57524  

Red face bonjour, hello

cela est ma première phrase sur ce site que je découvre
    i like your pictures bonjour de FRANCE, je vais donc me sentir obliger de dessiner
    plus souvent pour arriver à un niveau correct comme vous;
    vous allez m'encourager Merci !!!! thank you ,good luck

Thanks SOS and Chuckart for your grains ? texture ? now I just have to figure out how to get them into ARPro