ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My sweet rose - Pastels Waterhouse copy

My sweet rose - Pastels Waterhouse copy

I planned to use more layers, but I eventually felt it was already good enough with one layers only. High pressure pastels and sharp knife on dark background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My sweet rose - Waterhouse.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	471.3 KB 
ID:	52069  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Really lovely dear Cesare the pastels work beautifully
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Caesar, absolutely beautiful, one of my favorites of yours, have many favorites of yours and this is definately one

Absolutely great painting my friend...love the colors
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

I noticed this one right away in the main gallery Caesar... Absolutely fantastic work!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

wonderful work Caesar, very well done...
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Thank You, dear Amanda. I should improve their use though (here I used one layer only and high pressures).

Thank You, dear Pat! Many favourites make me think to chicks in a harem ...., but, in a way, that's possibly the feelings I have in front of some lovely paintings and images who attracted me so as to be collected by me in some preferred galleries to review each now and then.

Dear Sandra, You probably feel a special affinity with the protagonist who loves roses and has sort of blushing cheeks ..... Glad You enjoyed it and thanks!

I fully agree and that's why I chose this Waterhouse painting for testing pastels, dear Semd74! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sketch. A decent copy of this marvellous painting was apparently within my time and patience range, so I proceeded to loosely copy it also to train myself on crayons and in general.

Thank You, master Waheed! Still to improve in my ability to reduce strokes and keep the painting good, but I do it on masterpieces which tend to assure a likely pleasant outcome ...

masterful work. It's absolutely beautiful. Amazing how much the reference does to ground us. Fantastic painting!!!

... especially an artful reference such as this Waterhouse painting I copied, dear Albert ... Thank You!