ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Chat.

Chat.

This is in Northern Romania... there's a village where the time goes very slowly and people, the old ones, dress like they used to a hundred years ago. Their only novelty is the electricity. These two met in the community hall celebrating something.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

At-ta can imagine, he 's on the weed you know ?well so i've been told

----e/s

Absolutely marvelous work AT! The expressions you have painted on the women is so telling. Two women that have endured untold hardships over the course of their lives, both live with many sad memories weighting them down. Still they continue on, determined to spend the remainder of their lives giving their families the benefit of their experience, wisdom, and patience. Great job.

Your comment about electricity touched a memory cell...Many years ago, when director John Ford was preparing to shoot "The Quiet Man", he chose a little town in Ireland for the location, and held a meeting with the townspeople to try and obtain their OK.
    It was a poor village, and Ford offered to use a lot of townspeople as "extras" in the movie, providing badly needed paychecks. The kicker was that he would pay for having electricity brought into the village. Well, that was the clincher! Everybody was excited, and the movie was made.
    The next month, the townspeople all got their monthly electricy bill.
    They had no idea that they would have to pay for the service after it was installed, and demanded that it be removed. They didn't want the modern convenience bad enough to have to pay for it! LOL....
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

A very good work
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Similar attires and situations were very common when I was a child in many villages (sothern ones in particular) in Itay and in the southern part of Europe too at least. Very nice illustrated reportage, like a camera shotat the right moment.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!