ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: An Abstract Landscape

1. An Abstract Landscape

"Take Warning"

An Abstract done with the oil brush tool of the old adage, red sky in morning, sailor take warning

Somethings brewing here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	take warning-sm.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	51791  

2. I like the colours and the direction of the brush strokes. It has a mixture of sky and water which matches your theme perfectly I think.

As a future tip, try to reframe from doing black areas and using absolute black (the same can be said about using white). Although in mixing, black and white can be used to darken and lighten but the 'colours' should be used sparingly. Black can make images look muddy and white can make images look chalky.

You may not have used black in this piece, it could be my own monitor, but it struck me that the dark areas are too black. If your are still working this piece, you could try adding some different shades of red in the red areas and try to work in some deeper purples.

I hope this helps.